Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The poet

On Sunday, in primary (age 3-12 which I am the pianist for...LOVE this calling...I absolutley love being able to show up for church not having to prepare for anything and just being able to sit behind the piano and listen to the kids sing...it is the BEST!), the kids were asked to write a poem about mothers, and then asked for volunteers to read them. Of course Nathan was ecstatic to share his. Here it is:

Awesome Cook
Super Woman
Loves Me
Drives me
WICKED Awesome

He put a lot of emphasis on shouting the "Wicked" part. All the leaders got a good chuckle out of that one. (Speaking of Wicked...have any of you seen the Broadway musical Wicked? It is coming back here. If not...you should...I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it!)

9 comments:

Brooke said...

You should start signing your name Kristi Kunz, W.A. I wonder how many people would ask what the W.A. stands for, and what their reaction would be when you calmly explain that it stands for Wicked Awesome and that you have an advanced degree. :-)

Miss Hope said...

Nice one, Brooke!


I say you got the ultimate compliment from a kid who is a boy! Wish my teen would give me a cool title.

Kristi said...

That is one GREAT idea Brooke. I bet people would think that I am trying to write WA but got carried away with the periods. I love the W.A. It is totally Wicked awesome alright. :)

Laurie said...

Love primary...kids, music and all. We had a girl helping hold a picture of Christ and all of a sudden couldn't hold it in any longer and said "My grandma died on Christmas...." Love primary. Can I have a cool title too? Hey check out my blog from today...lego issues.... I thought of you, hopefully you'll get a good chuckle.

Sue Ann said...

Those are the pay off days! Keep that memory handy - you can remind him that he thought you were WICKED Awesome when he is a teenager! (By the way - he's right!) Love Ya Girl!

Latisha said...

I agree - primary pianist is an awesome calling!! My sister says that Wicked is awesome, too. She has seen it 2 or 3 times. Hearing more rave reviews makes me want to see it even more!

I Am Boymom said...

I agree with Brooke...what a cool way to sign your name!

ali cross said...

That is ... well, WICKED AWESOME!!!

WTG Nathan-man. You ROCK!

Arlyn said...

Daniel would have NEVER read a poem out loud...especially one about his mom! Way to go, Nathan!