Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Childhood Ruined?

Conversation with Nathan tonight
"Hey Nathan, could you please take this jug down to the recycle...." and he interrupts before I can finish my sentence

"Mom....are you trying to ruin my childhood?"

"What? How would taking the recycle down to the curb in the morning ruin your childhood?" (and now I am laughing, because it just struck me as such a funny statement)

"Oh...I thought you wanted me to take it down right now (as he is standing in his underwear before bedtime), and that would definitely ruin my childhood!"

Yep...that makes more sense. No one wants to take out the garbage in their underwear. What a funny kid.

10 comments:

Brooke said...

Ohhhh . . . this brings back such great memories. Like the time my brother was asked early one morning to bring in the newspaper. He was just in his underwear, but since the paper was just off the front steps he darted out to grab it. Whereupon little sister :-) promptly slammed the door shut and locked him outside.

Like you say: Good times, good times!

I Am Boymom said...

Kids are hilarious! Funny that he is so conscientious. My little guy is like that. Just tell him everyone has a funny "nothing but my underwear" story that parents usually save for conversations with dates.

HeatherPride said...

Classic! Of COURSE you're trying to ruin his childhood! What else are mothers for??

ali cross said...

I'm so happy to hear that your kids have gotten their sense of humor from their funny, funny mommy!

That is a great story. Glad you wrote it down so you can ruin him with it later! ROFL!

Tracy said...

LOL. That is awesome.

Mindy said...

Should Nathan ever end up in counseling, I have a hunch that his therapist will spend most of the time doubled over with spasms of laughter! Give that kid a hug for me. :)

Heidi said...

That's hilarious. Please, please don't ruin that child's childhood.

Latisha said...

Man, you have have good stories!

Trina said...

That is just hilarious! Come see the conversation my kids and I had yesterday (on my blog).

Arlyn said...

I had to share that one with Chad. We both laughed. But loosen up, Bud!