He came near me, and I smelled Clorox on his hands. I immediately scooped him up and ran to the sink to rinse off his hands before he got it in his eyes. Phew...disaster averted....well....not quite that is. My brain then wondered how he even got Clorox on his hands...I first wondered if there was some on the outside of the bottle that he touched? I walked back to the laundry room (I should say laundry closet, because it is teeny..tiny...barely fits my washer and dryer) and I see the gallon size Clorox with the lid off. Uh...oh...NOT good. There on the laundry room floor was a big ole puddle of Clorox. Then I looked down and saw this
me: You know that black turtle neck of mine?
Robin: Yeah...the one that you wear almost everyday?
me: Yeah...that's the one that was ruined. (I knew that I wore it alot, but I guess I wear it a LOT more than I thought)
There are some small miracles though...he didn't get any in his eyes, and it just so happened that the night before, I got a SBE (sudden burst of energy) and did 5 loads of laundry that were all sorted into piles on the floor in the laundry room. Could you even imagine if I had not done that? It would have ruined most of those clothes! As it was, the only thing that was left, was a big ole pile of my dish rags and dish towels, that soaked up a lot of the Clorox. Thank heavens for SBE's baby!

7 comments:
Dang! That really sucks! I'm so glad that it wasn't worse - that he didn't burn his skin or eyes, or drink it.
On a slightly related note . . . I used to have a FAVORITE sweater, one that I wore practically every single day when I was in college. But then a roommate stole it from me and I never saw it again. Yeah, that happened 15 years ago, but I'm still bitter about it. I sure do miss that sweater. Sigh. So I fully sympathize with your loss.
I hear ya Brooke. I can't even get myself to throw it away. I am thinking of pulling out a sharpie and coloring it to see if you can tell the difference. I LOVE that sweater...it was difficult trying to decide what to wear today...man...I loved that thing.
Clorox....as much as I try to be careful when I use that stuff, something always gets ruined! I have a few items that I still wear every now and then even with a little bleach mark (OK, the bleach spot isn't as apparent as the one on your sweater!) :) Good luck finding a new sweater....I know...it will just never be the same, it never is! :)
Oh man, not the sweater and the pants!!! This happened to me when that Clorox Cleanup first hit the shelves. It didn't even occur to me that it would bleach my clothes as I was squirting it all willy nilly over my countertops! When I leaned in to clean, it totally destroyed my pants. Damn.
Oh, that totally sucks. this is why bleach scares me. So glad he wasn't hurt and SO glad you got all that laundry done, near misses like that are such a relief.
So go buy some RIT dye from the grocery store and see if you can dye it? That's what I did with a black shirt that got a little bleach splashed on it and it turned out good.
First thing Aaron said was, "Yea - she wore that sweater when she was here a lot." Maybe Jonathan did you a favor - making you switch up your wardrobe! Ha1 Ha!
Post a Comment