Anytime we attend a wedding reception, Nathan cracks me up. He just makes himself at home hitting all the food tables. That kid LOVES going to those things...especially when they have a chocolate fountain...jackpot! The groom at this reception wanted to sing to his new bride. The dad joked that his son didn't have that good of a voice, but it came from the heart. He sang the song by George Strait, "Cross my Heart". Very sweet. In the middle of it, Nathan leans over to me and says...
"Man...he's not very good"
Me: "That doesn't really matter, it is very sweet that he is singing to her. Just think...on your wedding day, you can sing to your wife."
Nathan: "I am NOT going to do that"
Me: "Yes you will, and your new wife will LOVE it!. It'd be so sweet"
Nathan: "I'm totally not doing that" rolling his eyes, and feeling disgusted. Girls still have cooties don't ya know? :)
Me: "We'll see. It would sure be sweet"
Nathan: "Well..I'm singing "Eye of the Tiger" then." He busts into the song with gusto...'risin up...back on the streets...did my time...took my chances....'
What can I say? He's 9. Serenading his new bride with with the Rocky theme song? Why not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Cute - my boys are just starting to discover music. It's scary.
I'm impressed he could sing part of the song! Maybe you should write this down somewhere handy and warn his fiance in 15 years. She'd probably like to have a rehearsed response ready. (Maybe some fake tears and love-dovey eyes.)
Maybe I'm just hormonal right now or something, but this post had me laughing so hard I have tears running down my cheeks. I don't care where I am living in the world when he gets married, I WILL be at that wedding reception to hear him sing Eye of the Tiger!
(Even better . . . how about we do the good 'ol arranged marriage thing and hook him up with Emma. She's 7, so by the time he's off his mission and nearly finished with college, she'll be getting off her mission. It will be perfect!)
That is so hilarious and boy-like! I would also like an invitation to his wedding to see that in person. I was informed there would be NO icky-feely songs at my son's wedding either. And no dancing. That's weird. Wait til they find out what they are supposed to do during the honeymoon!
I hope he does sing Eye of the Tiger. Let's make sure the bride has a hundred dollars in ones to stuff into his cumberband. :)
That kid is the best!! I tell you--the things he says are reality!! I love it--no fluff, just the honest truth! It's refreshing! I hope he really does sing--that'd be awesome! Kristi and Trent you guys are the best--so fun to read the updates. I always have the best laugh!!
Too funny.
Post a Comment