Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Spaaaaaaah Day


I have always "dreamed" about having a spa day. Ya know...where you go and get to hang out at the spa in a white fluffy robe, and the only movement you do is to go to your next spa treatment. Well folks, that dream has come true! As part of our 15 year anniversary celebration, Trent purchased a day at the spa for me. And let me say....it...was...heaven.

I was there for five hours people...man...I sure love my hubbie. I did indeed get a fluffy white robe, and I "endured" a facial, a hot stone massage, lunch (that was to die for) in a gucci leather recliner, and then to finish it off, I had a pedicure complete with my feet being dipped in hot wax. Yeah...can we say absolute heaven? I was so relaxed, that on the drive home I didn't even realize that I was driving 20 mph in a 40mph zone. I happened to look in my rear view mirror and saw the long line of cars behind me. Oops...I sped up, at least what I felt like was speeding up, to a whopping 30 mph. Good thing I lived close to home...I bet some people were feeling some serious road rage. I, on the other hand, felt nothing but goodness in my heart for all mankind. Life was good my friends. That was the best gift I have ever received.

10 comments:

Mindy said...

Ah, Kris--no one I know deserves a spa day more than you. I am so glad it was everything you hoped and I kind of wish I could have been hovering over your neighborhood just to see the parade you were creating in your relaxed state! :) Love you, girl.

Jeri said...

oh-la-la - it sounds heavenly!

Mark and Maria said...

Ooooo, I need one of those days about right now! Too bad it is Father's Day this weekend and not Mother's Day! Dang it! :)

Latisha said...

Sounds so wonderful!!! At least we got to experience it vicariously through you!

Tracy said...

Ahhh, sounds faaabulous... Wait a minute--I have a spa certificate that Rick gave me almost 2 years ago!?! How does that even happen? Time to dust that thing off and USE it, baby!

My future state of bliss thanks you for this post. :)

Kristi said...

Yeah Tracie, I also have a coupon to get a massage from 3 years ago, that I just never got around to getting to. The beautiful thing about this was that Trent had everything all scheduled and worked out. I just had to show up. He is a smart man...guess he figured I would never get around to doing it.

Trina said...

I've always wanted to go to a spa. I want the exact things you had done too! I'm good with the white fluffy robe. Did Kim ever tell you she went to one and found out the hard way everyone walked around naked? Lol. Only Kim with her cute little body could stay. I'd have been out in a flash.

I Am Boymom said...

Sounds amazing and your feet look so relaxed! (And cute!) I'm glad you got to pamper yourself. I'll be a little less impatient next time I'm behind a slow driver...maybe they aren't really idiots who can't drive - they're just going home from a spa day!

Miss Hope said...

You know they make magnetic signs that say "New Driver- Patience please". You now have your get rich quick scheme "Just had a Spa Day." magnetic sign.

Good for you having such a wonderful day! Pedicures are few and far between for me but I surely adore them!

Kim said...

I'm so glad your hubby thought of that- yoI once went to Seattle for a spa day with friends.I didn't know it was all nude until I got there. WHAT A SHOCK!