Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I "heart" Garage Sales

I have never been much of a garage saler type of gal. I have seen many "professional" garage salers in my neighborhood. I have always wondered what makes them get up early every Friday morning to go and scrounge the neighborhoods for sales so they can dig through someone's "junk" (the really serious ones check the newspaper beforehand!). Well my friends, I am not quite the "professional" garage saler, but my oponions have changed. My friend Robin has introduced me to this secret world of goodness and delight. There is nothing quite as thrilling as going to a garage sale and finding a kid treasure that is only 25 cents. "You'll sell me the whole bin of hot wheels cars for 5 bucks?" You bet. "Every book is only 50 cents each?" Hook me up! "My goodness...kids clothes for a quarter each?" Back my car up and I'll buy the whole table. Wow...I am no longer blind....for now I see. Garage Sales are a gift from heaven. I hit the jackpot one day last week and now Jonathan's (and part of Nathans) christmas is complete...all for under 20 bucks. I am feeling the garage sale love people. Here is a video of one of my purchases. I've already gotten my money's worth out of it. Five bucks for endless hours of entertainment? Priceless people...absolutely priceless!


2 comments:

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

How great that you've discovered the joys of garaging! You won't always find something everytime you go out, but it's amazing what you can get for so very little money. Plus you're keeping stuff out of the landfills, and second hand items don't have any packaging to throw away. The real thrill is just the pleasure of poking through other people's stuff--and finding treasure!

Latisha said...

I think you almost have me convinced...very persuasive!