joy riding through the garden
Jonathan turned two in June, and since then he has taken off with talking. He went to saying a few words, and animal sounds to complete sentences. It is so amazing...he has also started repeating everything I say. Huh...never a good thing. I never realized how many times I call people an "idiot" while I am driving. Now I am painfully aware when Jonathan repeats it in the same excited tone. "ID-iot!" A while back I went to a drive thru to get a Coke (I KNOW! Sinner I am...headache coming on...give me the caffeine!). Now any time I get a drink, Jonathan says..."Coke mama?" "Want coke mama?" I especially love it when he talks about it at church...all the time. Nothing like being in sacrament meeting and the little water trays come and Jonathan spits out that little ditty, in such a loud voice. humbling...very humbling.So...we went to his 2 year old checkup last week, and the doctor is listening to his heartbeat and Jonathan says, "Annie hit me!" (as he slaps his own face for emphasis) And then he repeats it, "Annie HIT me!!" The doctor proceeds to look concerned and ask me who Annie was. Annie is his friend who is 18 months old. We chuckled, but I find myself wondering when the Social services are going to swing by to check out if Annie really is an 18 month old or not.
This stage has been really fun. It is always interesting to see how he puts words together to make a sentence. I sure love this kid...even if he tattles on me for drinking bad things and saying somewhat bad words. :)

3 comments:
Other than disrupting the reverence factor during the sacrament (like having all three rows in front and in back of you tittering), I'll bet the humor was appreciated and even understood! Don't people turn a blind eye to caffeine when they see you with a toddler?? :)
My friend's little girl told the doctor that she was beaten at home all the time. Soooooo far from the truth. My friend nearly died!
I love when I get a Dr.P and my kids roll their eyes and say "we must be on a long road trip!"
Post a Comment