Monday, August 25, 2008

Sisters

(Me, Mom, Michelle, Kyndra)
After I arrived in Salt Lake City, I decided to get together with my sisters (there are 6 kids in my family)and go to dinner before my mom and I drove up to Idaho. It was really fun I must say. There is something about getting together and reminiscing about old times. We laughed, and laughed and laughed! We remembered a time when we were little. My dad was in the National Guard, so one afternoon my dad took us down to the river. Not sure where my mom was, but it was a rare time when my dad was "in charge" of us kids. We were all standing there by the beautiful river bank, when my dad pulls out a hand grenade. He pops it off and throws it into the river. I wish I could describe how it looked, especially to a little kid, but it was quite impressive. Water shot straight up into the sky and the sound was deafening. After the water settled, fish started to float to the top of the water. Uh-oh. My dad looked around. "Kids...go get in the car". We hurried and left the scene of the crime. It is forever imprinted on our brains. My mom is mortified by these stories of course. There was never a dull moment when we had our time with dad. I'm surprised that we are all still alive. I'm sure the angels worked overtime every time my dad watched us.

Anyways. .. This picture was taken by Nathan. He was acting so "lazy" and wouldn't' get up off of the couch to get close enough to take the picture. I finally said jokingly, "Nathan, I don't' care if you have 107 fever, get up and take the picture". We all laughed of course. After the picture was taken I went over by Nathan to look at it, and my sister commented that Nathans face was flushed. I felt his forehead and yep...he was hot. We took his temperature and he had 103.7 fever. Talk about parental guilt! He kept quoting me about the 107 fever thing, and how I made him get up...when he really did have a fever. Yadda...yadda. Guess I better put another 10 bucks into the therapy fund for him. Poor kid is gonna need it. We don't' save for college or missions around here, we save for the future therapy our kids are gonna need. :)

15 comments:

Arlyn said...

I shared your murdered fish story with Chad and he got a very good laugh out of it! He agreed that it was highly illegal but very funny.

Autumn said...

It's ALWAYS funnier later, huh? I love laughing about old times. What a fun experience for you gals.

Oh, no, you're such a bad mom! haha J/K!
I've done too may things like this and I feel horrible later. grrr

Latisha said...

Great story! Loved the comment about the therapy fund, too. I should do that....

Kristi said...

Murdered fish! ha ha! It is funny that my dad didnt think about the possibility of killing any fish. He was just providing a spectacular water show. And spectacular it was...til the fish started bubblin up. We like to think that they were just "stunned" for a little while. Ya right!

Gina Q. said...

It's been alot of years since I have seen that group! =) Everyone looks good!!

Tracy said...

Uh, this has nothing to do with this post even though the grenade story is hilarious. I'm still just disturbed about the not-for-the-weak-stomached comment you left me. It's nice to know you care...so much.

Julia Harps said...

hilarious! what a story. write it down.
I always laugh when I read your blog. thank you.

Miss Hope said...

I've heard fish stories before but this one takes the awards hands down! Too bad you didn't have a camera!

Anonymous said...

Nice picture!

Always believe your kids.

Except when they're fibbing.

Which is almost always.

Kristi said...

Too funny Jim and too true a lot of times. We tend to eggagerate the truth a little bit around here.

Janae Downey said...

Hi Kristi! Just catching up, I always enjoy reading your blog. I'm glad Jason doesn't have any grenades laying around our house! We've never had a puker at a restaurant, but we've had one at church during sacrament meeting all over the pew. By the way... I used to work at Kara chocolates every Christmas season and got to eat all the mint truffles I wanted! JaNae

Kristi said...

Janae! A puker at church on the pew? Nathan puked in the foyer during our ward christmas party one year. That was a fun one to clean up. He was bummed because he didnt' get to be a shepherd that night. I am SO jealous that you worked for Kara chocolate!! I LOVE their mint truffles....yum.

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Awesome Pic. I hope you had a blast to hanging out with your family. The story about your dad cracks me up. Maybe even more so because I know him. I'll think about it next time we go fishing for sure. That's a sure way to catch his limit.

Kim said...

OK- I deleted and reposted so my name didn't come up McCammon Primary. It still is though. It's really kim. If I knew what I was doing I'd be further ahead in the game. But that would make life just too easy! I think the blonde hair dye is absorbing just a bit too well.