Monday, October 20, 2008

Miss Environment

As you know, every now and then I get the urge to be environmentally friendly. I am visioning myself being Crowned "Miss Environment" (you gotta sing the Miss America song in your head while saying it to get the full effect...Here she comes....Miss En-viiiii-ronment....with my recycled sash, and my crown of egg carton rhinestones...its a beautiful thing) I had another one of those urges the other day as I was contemplating how to attack the hoards of weeds in my front yard. I swear that I have the friskiest weeds ever. They are multiplying at such a rapid rate. I usually just spray the whole lawn to kill all the weeds at once. This time though, I was contemplating the effect of all those chemicals on the environment (including the ones that I "accidentally" spray on my neighbors lawn) and how it probably isn't good for all the neighborhood kids to play and wrestle on.

With this thought in mind, I put Jonathan down for a nap. This is precious time when I am alone and should take a nap or something, but I decided that I would grab a spray bottle of weed killer and attack the weeds...one by one... I lovingly spent 45 minutes hunched over in my yard, being sure to spray the harsh chemical in the center of each weed. Once I was finished, my back was sore from hobbling around like an old lady, but my spirits were lifted as I felt so Eco-friendly. I had saved the neighborhood from toxins. I am wonderful! And then, not 15 minutes later...this happened:


Yep...a huge rainstorm came out of no where. You can rest assured that the next sunny day that comes along, I will have a different approach to my weed problem.


No more Miss Environment. Miss Ortho is coming to town.

6 comments:

cherlyn and family said...

That is to sad and the fact you spent all of that time doing that.
Darn that rain

Mindy said...

Okay, Kris. How many times do you need to be kicked while you're down? Environment, schmemvironment.

I do think your vision of being crowned makes for a great Halloween costume, though! :)

HeatherPride said...

Hilarious!! You go get 'em!

ali cross said...

LOL Kristi. I'm sorry? Yeah. I'm sorry. That sounds good.

But thanks for sharing - that was fun!!

Heidi said...

You are nicer than I. Screw the weeds, just mow often & they won't grow too high. HA.

Kristi said...

Yeh...I think I have had enough with trying to save the world. I even threw a glass container in my garbage today. I know! I am living dangerously I tell ya.