Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Stop and Smell the Cucumbers

Nathan informed me today that he would like to start using conditioner on his hair. He wants to start using mine, but I told him that I would go buy some conditioner that would be "just for him". (I am a shampoo and conditioner snob...) I was in Fred Meyer today choosing a conditioner for Nathan. In order to pick out the very best one of the 99 cent Suave, I had to do my sniff test. I smell everything before I buy, soaps, deodorants, detergents, shampoo's....etc. With these sorts of products, you have to squeeze the bottle a couple of times....gently... so you can get a whiff. I had the Suave Cucumber and Melon conditioner in my hand...I did my patented squeeze and sniff...when all of a sudden...the bottle made some sort of fart noise and shot conditioner right up my nose. It scared me, so at the same time I sniffed as it shot out, so not only did it go clear up my nose, some of it went down my throat. That was a new experience. I have never actually tasted conditioner before.

Huh...now what? (as conditioner is literally dripping out of my nose)....good thing I packed a spare outfit for Jonathan in the diaper bag. I grabbed that and started wiping out my nose....and blowing...and picking....I got a couple of weird looks as people passed by. I didn't think anything of it until I got home. I am sure they were thinking..."Get a tissue for cryin out loud!"...I really looked like I was diggin for gold today. I just gave them the head nod as I had my finger wrapped in the outfit and shoved up my nose. Perfectly normal.

On the positive side, after I got it all cleaned up, with each breath I took, I was smelling cucumber and melon all day today. Maybe I have stumbled across something? It was actually kind of pleasant....Who knew? Just tryin to look on the bright side. :)

12 comments:

Miss Hope said...

Pleasant if you can get past the aftertaste? (sorry...this really made me laugh)

Kristi said...

Definitely AFTER the aftertaste. That was pretty nasty. Nothin that a whole pack of Tic Tacs wouldn't cure! heh heh. I had a good laugh over it also!

Mindy said...

You are such a great writer, Kris! Every time you tell a story, it's like I can totally SEE you doing whatever you're telling about. I have to say my favorite part of this one was the head nod with your finger up your nose. Wassup, peeps?

Brooke said...

So who's Nathan hoping to impress with his newly-scented do? Is there a cute little chicka at school?

I can't wait until he requests deoderant. That will be a lovely sight - you sniffing all the pit sticks in the grocery aisle. :-)

Tracy said...

Oh THANK YOU for that laugh at your expense. That is hilarious. And totally something that would happen to me.

ali cross said...

Oh Kristi. I was laughin' out loud at that one!

Umm ... sorry?

But where would I be without your crazy experiences to brighten my day??

Cheri said...

My kids want to know why I can't stop laughing. Amazingly enough I do the same thing at stores and smell everything. Although I have never had it go up my nose I have had them squirt all over me. Love it! That is hilarious. so...what does conditioner taste like? ha ha ha ha

Latisha said...

Great story! I've had it squirt at me before while doing the sniff test, but fortunately it hasn't gone up my nose - ick!

Autumn said...

You're so cute! "Stop and smell the cucumbers" hahahahahahahaha

LOVE your new Halloween look. It's darling!

Kristi said...

I am glad to know that I am not the only one who sniffs things at the store. Just one of the few "fortunate" to have it squirt up the nose.

Brooke, I already do sniff every single deoderant! It is quite the ordeal. And than you know what? I end up buying the same one that I have bought for over 17 years!

Julia Harps said...

ooooh. my sides hurt. thank you!

Kim said...

Girl- you crack me up! Thanks for the out loud, side grabbing laugh.