Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Care for a shovel anyone?

I love watching toddlers in their whole discovery process. Every day they are learning something new and experiencing new things. Jonathan has recently learned something that he is utterly and completely fascinated with. It is rare that you don't see him fine tuning this new skill. I think from his personality he is very detail oriented, because once he learns something, he practices it over and over and over again. What is this new skill? What is my brilliant toddler doing these days to delight us? This picture speaks for itself.
Yeah...ain't he brilliant? I swear he is a stinkin genius. At least he lovingly brings each nasty gooey booger to me instead of eating them. That has to be a sign of brilliant-ness right? Care for a shovel anyone? The Digging for gold has begun.
A picture with his cousin Shayla...the finger rarely strays from the nostril these days.

3 comments:

Arlyn said...

Aw...how endearing. Might want to make sure to keep those little fingernails trimmed! Ouch! At least he's not eating them, or wiping them on the walls where they harden and become impossible to remove. ;)

Laurie said...

love it! kids do the darndest things...just enough for the mom to think "did MY child really just do THAT?"

Brooke said...

Adana's favorite place to wipe boogers is on her car window. She can't help but pick out a big juicy one every time I buckle her in. Blech!

And WOW! Jonathan is getting big! He looks like he's going to be tall.