Thursday, September 4, 2008

Back to School

(I dropped Trent and Nathan off at the barbers...had no idea that he would leave with no hair left...note to self, always take Nathan myself)
Nathan had his first day of school. I asked him 3 things that he learned, since he is in 3rd grade now.

1.) We got gummy bears at the end of the day because we were good. (that's a good thing to learn...being good=yummy treats, she'd fit right in with my family)

2.) started multiplication

3.) "Now mom..this is a total secret...can I trust you?" He went on and on at what a huge secret it was. He whispers in my ear, "We learned something that you are supposed to learn in 5th grade today!!" cool...I like this teacher already. Treats, makes them feel as smart as a 5th graders, lets them out 7 minutes early for recess and had them run...works for me. Smart lady. (I received permission from Nathan to share the "big secret" on my blog. He had to really think about it. I assured him that most likely no one from his class reads my blog)


7 comments:

Brooke said...

So . . . what did they learn that only 5th graders are supposed to know? I mean, I'm teaching a 5th grader this year, so I better make sure I fit it into his curriculum.

Miss Hope said...

I think his new "do" is adorable! Shoot, it's hot enough and boy's hair grows fast enough it won't last long! Looking good, Kid!

Kristi said...

Brooke, I am sure that your homeschooler is doing Trigonometry by now. :) I asked him what the secret was and he told me as they were doing their mulitiplication, the teacher taught them 2 to the second power =4, 3 to the 3rd power =9. and so on. Guess that is 5th grade material.

Arlyn said...

So did Trent let them cut his hair, too? ;)

Yay for good teachers! He deserves one this year!

How funny that he had to think about letting you share the secret. His teacher sure made an impression!

Kristi said...

Trent did get his haircut, and he still has hair left on his head. However, if he shaved his head, it might not grow back. It is getting quite "thin" on top. :D

I Am Boymom said...

My oldest loves his hair buzzed! Low maintenance! The teacher sounds awesome. Isn't it nice to know he is in good hands at school?!

Kristi said...

Boymom...Nathan loves his hair buzzed too, because when it is long I won't let him leave unless I style it with gel. I am just not use to him having NO hair. they used a 1 all over...it does look good though.