I guess there are Firsts for everything. I had another First, while visiting Firth, Idaho. I have driven past the exit sign tons of times, yet never had a reason to visit any of the 408 people that live in this thriving metropolis....until now. My friend Arlyn recently moved to the "country", because Shelley, Idaho (population 4, 146) was just too big of a city for this girl. I wonder if Firth knows that a family of 7 just moved into town, they are now 415 strong!
As I was driving with my windows down on a curvy country road to her house, I enjoyed the fresh smells of grain and grass, with a pinch of manure. The smells of the country...nothin like it. I have to say though, that there is something about being out in the country with wide open spaces. It it very therapeutic. I can almost understand why someone would want to live there....almost. :) We had a nice visit with her and her kids, sheep, cows, chickens, bunnies and cats. It's turned into quite the family farm. They've recently added a hamster now. (all those animals would be my worst nightmare!)
Arlyn, aka "the Farm Girl" and me
The kids, 2 are mine....FIVE are hers!
We even drove into Idaho Falls, (thanks Chad for watching all of the kids...Father of the year award for you) to go and eat a great Thai Place. Then we went to a dairy for some killer icecream. You had to get past the extremely strong manure smell as you walked into the shop. I was totally amazed at all the families outside eating their icecream with that awful smell. I guess I am no longer an Idaho girl...I had to eat my icecream inside of the shop.
This was pretty much my only outing/visiting I did while I was home. Most of my visit was trying to do as little as possible...to regroup and rejuvenate. Hopefully next time, I'll be able to visit with a few more Idaho friends. Yee-haw!

4 comments:
You forgot the dog!
Glad you enjoyed your farm experience! Maybe that last cat got named Nightmare for a reason! ;)
Maybe you should start with a pet rock and work your way up to a chicken! ;) Fresh eggs!
I just noticed that every sentence so far has ended with one of these... "!" I must be high on cow-country methane gases. ;) (Maybe that's why I'm winking so much, too.) heehee
But you can't beat that ice cream! Thanks for the visit, Girl!
Yeah, it's funny how quickly you get used to the manure scent :-) Firth sounds like a great place to visit.
Darn...I totally forgot the dog! (I like ! too!!)
Firth! Wow! That is rural! I am so ready to move to a "Smaller" town, like 40-50,000. I still need Target and a few reataurants to feel at home. 415 is too small for me. But I am sooo needing the wide open space thing right now!
Post a Comment