Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Cub Scout Treasures

Nathan really enjoys cub scouts. They do a lot of fun/random things. Bless those leaders! I can't imagine trying to keep ten 8 year old boys engaged for an hour once a week. Yikes! Nathan brought home a project that they lovingly made for us. One that you see it and you are saying..."Wow...that is really...."neat" son....." and then the process begins of trying to find that one "special" place to display this creation. How about here?


Not quite right....(yes that is a mold of his foot, painted like the Italian Flag!! exclamations for how excited he is about that color scheme)
Hmmmm...Not feelin the love here
A little bit better...still not quite right
We're getting "warmer"
Ahhh...Just right. The heavens parted, angels singing....just perfect. Right on top of Nathans dresser so he can look at it every day. The universe is in balance once again.....until the next Cub Scout Treasure comes home.

17 comments:

Josi said...

LOL--those perfect little treasures, with no where to go. Hilarious post. I am not nearly so fun a scout leader, but I'm glad there are those out there :-)

Mindy said...

I can always count on a laugh and a smile when I read your blog, Kris! Thanks for posting and thanks for being you! I needed this one today!

Ammie said...

You already know how I feel about scouts. Uggh! Our elementary school has a kiln. Worst. Thing. Ever. Every Christmas, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Flag day, the kids come home with some sort of homemade ceramic project. They are never useful, always hideous, and made with love. : )

Kristi said...

Ammie...I can't believe your school owns a kiln! That would be such a nightmare! I can't even imagine how many treasure you (or the landfill) has. You are so lucky. :)

Brooke said...

Here's a little secret: The main reason that we have moved 15 times in our 13 years of marraige is because that is the best time to accidentally "lose" the excess miscellaneous stuff that a family collects. We've already been in this current house a year and a half, and I'm definitely feeling the need to declutter!

Latisha said...

Isn't that the truth!! Great post!

Miss Hope said...

That little foot print will be 1000X more precious in 20 years....if it doesn't break. My girls are sad because a few of their things got broken. About the only things I can protect are the Christmas ornaments. Does that make me a bad Mom?

Kristi said...

Brooke...you are so funny! I guess that is a good reason to move. Makes me rethink anything I have ever given you for a gift, that might have "accidentally" gotten lost.

Hope...I think it makes you a good mom, because you actually try to keep all these little "treasures". I guess all of us are the bad moms. :)

Heidi said...

Ha ha ha ha! I love finding people who make me laugh. hahahaha. Thank you for coming to see me so I can now come visit you. So glad you found the perfect place for the foot.

Heidi said...

* OH I just have to laugh at your 'piggy bank' comment you left. I didn't know anyone else did that too. I feel so much better now.

The Crane Family said...

Kristi--I'm bustin' a gut!!! You are hilarious! I haven't checked in for a while--so I had to read them all--you add so much fun to life! All the things we are all thinking--but fail to express! So true--what do you do with all that scout stuff? Josh is still asking me why I only bring out his recipe holder on random occasions--I tell him I save it for special days (the days I clean out the back of the closets!)

HeatherPride said...

HI!! I am so glad you stopped by The Short Bus - it's nice to meet you!

I am loving the plaster foot! I think it looks best in the plate stand. That right there is one awesome display - totally makes a statement!

ali cross said...

Hahaha. I love it. And one day? You really will treasure those treasures!

Stefany said...

How ...special. I bet there will come a day when this is actually a prize possession. Has he done th ebasketry badge and made the boy scout stool? I have 2 of those very lovely pieces of decor.

Arlyn said...

And lucky you, it's only his first year of scouts.

I think the placement of the foot by the picture of Christ is very inspirational...you have to be able to come up with something about following the Savior! Your new FHE lesson!!

cherlyn and family said...

That is really cool. I loved the foot prints that lead to the picture of the Jesus Christ.

I Am Boymom said...

Love the footprint, love my kid's Scout Leader! Yeah...hard to know what to do with all of the projects! Sorry, I'm behind on my blog reading and comments, i will catch up with you more tomorrow!!