Just wanted to share a little something I just experienced. Picture this. Pitch black. Just got the sick baby back down to sleep. I walk into the bathroom to sit on the throne. Within a few seconds, I realize that my socks (you know how I hate wearing socks, but wear them I must, in case of the huge old hairy spiders. What am I talking about might you ask? Read here if you need a refresher) are progressively getting wetter and wetter. Huh...this can't be good. I jump up off the pot and flick on the light in one fluid Chuck Norris type movement.
After the blindness wears off, I look down on the floor, it is covered in a clearish/brownish type liquid. Oh. My. Word!!!! By this time the bottom of my pajama pants are wet and my socks are soaking wet! I vaguely remembering hearing the toilet make a weird gurgle type splash sound after I used it before I crawled into bed. However, I was reading a book I just got from the library and did not want to peel myself away from it and get up to check it out (Thanks alot Josi! It is your book ,so technically it is your fault? heh heh) I quickly strip the e-coli infested pajama bottoms and socks. And so the midnight cleaning of overflowing crap begins.
As I was bathing Jonathan tonight, I was looking at the bathroom floor and thinking that it could use a good scrubbin. OH boy... it sure received a good scrubbin tonight! (Isn't the saying "Be careful what you "wish" for?....not... "Be careful what you "think" about?) I am happy to report that my bathroom floor is now clean enough to eat off of. Really...come on over. We'll have a picnic on the floor. :) There is nothin quite like the smell of Clorox to ease my mind, and lull me back to sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
I just love that you have created the labels "Clorox," "overflow," and "toilet," as if these sorts of things are going to be posted about frequently.
Cute - I had to laugh at Brooke's comment ahead of mine. I noticed the same thing! You are so funny!
I know Brooke...I was sitting there wondering what on earth to put as a label. My other options that came to mind were like, "Totally gross" "Shoot me before I vomit" "holy crap!" and so on. Then I opted for the straight up label, and pray that it never happens again. Glad ya noticed though. I wondered if anyone would say anything. I love it.
What an "EWWW" kind of moment, huh?
Never a dull moment huh? That's crazy!!
Eww, blech and yuck. You deserve some serious mommy time after a sick baby and a sick toilet and all.
Hugs!
Oh man. There's no "ew" like toilet "ew" is there? It reminds me of when we built our house, and after we moved in and had been living there for a couple of days, we went into the basement to discover that all the pipes in the house led to the basement. That's right. A weekend's worth of baths, toilet flushing, and dish washing all ended up on our basement floor, due to the builder's plumbing error. Really takes the "new house" smell out pretty quickly.
Yikes...I'd say infected waters.
I read your comment on the Nay's blog. I also recently read "how to talk to your child about Sex". I really like the theory of creating a more comfortable atmosphere so your child is okay talking openly with you. We had the talk a few months back. I got the book at the library (I love that you can get church and LDS authored books at the library). But I'm thinking I need to go buy it because there's a lot of follow up. Good luck!
Heather!! OK...your story is totally distgusting. I can't even imagine that one. A big "oopsie" that is for sure.
Okay, that is so totally gross and I abjectly apologize for my role in the whole thing. I am deeply sorry--does it make me seem like a totally horrible person to admit it would make a great scene in a book :-)
Post a Comment