Saturday, December 20, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Christmas is upon us. I actually got up my decorations early this year, and even wrapped my presents a few days ago. Nathan was wondering if we'd ever get presents under there. I told him that the present fairy hates to wrap presents, and she'll get to it someday. I always underestimate or overestimate how much wrapping paper I need as I am cutting. I was dreaming of hiring someone to wrap the gifts. Nathan came home from school the monday before Thanksgiving and told me that he would like to put up our christmas tree. He was so excited about it, and I had visions of spending time together while we decorated the house. It was quite precious, since these days I am not so "cool" anymore and his friends are much more important. We pulled everything down out of the attic and got the three pieces to the tree out in the living room. I hadn't even put the tree stand up when Nathan said, "Mom, can I go to Trace's house". Sheesh...so much for our "quality" time. Now I had to do it because I was surrounded by bins (OK...only two bins) of stuff. It forced me to get it done though. I love looking at my christmas tree with the white lights, drinkin my hot chocolate, listening to my Time Life Christmas Music CD. (yep...ordered it off the TV) It is so "christmassy".

Nathan took this picture of me trying to put the star up. I had to rig it with a wooden spoon, and shove it down in the tree, because it is so heavy. I included this picture because he only got 1/2 of my body...I like it. The "other" half is no quite as attractive. :)

4 comments:

Arlyn said...

When I saw this title, I thought there were going to be pictures of your snow/ice! Good job on getting into the 'spirit.' The only spirit I had after making 10 loaves of bread and 10 goody plates was not a Christmasy one!

Don't we all have the other 1/2 that isn't so attractive...and I don't mean Chad!

Brooke said...

I actually HATE decorating the Christmas tree. I have to leave the house and Nathan & the kids do it. It brings back too many memories of my Dad cursing and growling at the @!$% tree stand while he tried to get the $#@! tree to stand up straight. The #$@! little screws never seems to hold it in place properly, and most of the #@$! needles would be shaken off by the time he was done.

Good times. Merry Christmas. :-)

Mindy said...

Hey, you can send Nathan over to my house to take pictures ANYTIME if those are the kind of pictures he takes! ;) (He may even want to consider photography as a profession with "flattering the voluptuous" as his niche market, whaddya think?)

Tracy said...

I'm with Mindy. Niche indeed. It'll be huge. No pun intended.