The soccer season has come and gone. I love watching soccer. Nathan is so aggressive and he is pretty good at it. It was a good season. Things I don't miss about soccer? Rain. Sitting there watching soccer in rain, trying to keep Jonathan dry. Mud. That word can speak for itself. Me hosing off Nathan after a game. Me out in the driveway with Trent holding a butter knife as I have to painstakingly pick out the mud/dirt from every tire tread. A tedious process, but necessary, and even then, there are chunks left all over the house. *sigh*. Cold. Yes...the Northwest is cold in the fall. We bundle up in September trying not to freeze our kahoonies off.
All that being said? I still love the soccer season. We did just start a new thing though. Indoor soccer. A lot of people play it, and we thought we'd give it a whirl. Can we say....heaven sent? Indoors, no mud, no cold, no rain, and STILL get to watch soccer. Oh yeah. Lovin it.
Here are a few pictures. I wanted to get a nice picture of Nathan in his soccer uniform.
Nathan...just stand there and smile please.

Let's try this again Nathan...please just stand there and smile. For the blog....priorities!
At the end of every season, there is always a party with the infamous trophy. Whatever happened to the days that the only one who gets trophies are the 1st and 2nd teams? Now everyone gets a trophy for every sport they ever play. Here's a picture of the trophy:

8 comments:
Jared just started his indoor soccer season also. He loves it - even better than regular soccer. He loves the fast-paced intensity and being able to play off the wall.
I just love that there are no practices, just one game a week. Being indoors is nice, but they keep the building so dang cold. I still freeze my kahoonies off. Maybe next game I'll wear my snow pants & moon boots. :-)
We have one more week and then we are done! Woo hoo! Three of the four played this year and Saturdays were crazy. Of course, they all had different practice days too. What a nightmare. All of Zach's games were at 7:30 or 8 AM. Not fun. Indoor soccer sounds interesting. Wish we had that here.
That is one soccer player who looks like he can rule the world!
We're going to attempt this game called soccer starting in Spring with my (gonna be 5) son. You got rain and mud? We got biting insects of the highest order. I don't think soccer is gonna be fun.
A little cool sounds good about now when we are full-on into summer here. Do they do pool soccer?
Book chook...never heard of pool soccer...unless that is water polo? I looked you up when you commented on Fickle pickles blog, and I was jealous. I have always wanted to visit Australia...and you get to live there... And it is warm there right now?! Lovin that!
Hot, Kristi, as in clean the pool when the shade is over and fans or aircon to get to sleep.
Come and visit us - we have chocolate!
Book Chook. I'm a little picky with my weather. I like it in the 80's and sitting near a beach/pool is ideal. When it is HOT like that, I turn into one hot irritable sweaty pig...Guess I'll have to visit on the off season....you did mention chocolate though...hmmmmm...
Amen on the trophy commentary!! Derek got a trophy this year that was about 18" tall. His team won 2 games - count 'em. One of the wins was against a team that was on their 2nd game of the day and had no subs. And we need a towering trophy because.....???
Post a Comment