Many boys work tirelessly on their sleek, aerodynamic boats to make sure they are in tip top shape. We, on the other hand, remembered the night before and had to throw one together. You might ask, why did I put a picture of myself holding the boat when I am clearly NOT a cub scout? Well now, let me tell ya. Nathan painted 98% of the boat, and that is where his efforts ended. I was in charge of putting the thing together. The instructions looked easy enough. Only 3 little sections. As I began to put it together, I realized that the instructions were too "easy"...there was not enough information given to figure it out easily. So...TWO hours later, I got the thing put all together. Nathan was tickled with his boat, I was more ticked. :) The event was fun. The boats we made ended up being too top heavy, thus falling over, so we all used boats from last year that they had sitting around. All that work to have a "model" boat. The boys didn't care, they had a blast. I was needing some real R&R by the time we got home though. It had been a long day. Rain gutter Regatta. Interesting experience. Something to look forward to for the next couple of years. (?)

11 comments:
I think I have admitted this to you before but I secretly can't stand the whole scout thing. The camping, the corny songs & skits, the whole outdoorsey wood whittling thing, and the outfits (blech!) Watch, they'll make me scout master mom or something. I'd have to decline if they did. My hair (still a faint red streak) doesn't match the outfits. :)
Better watch out Ammie, they'll get you for that!! =>
Gina's right Ammie, you'll get that one for sure now! You dont' like the whole "round of applause" as you clap in a circle? heh heh. You crack me up girl!! I would love to see you in a cub scout den leader shirt with your Jimmy Choo shoes! (I think that is a good designer shoe...I have NO idea, I wear my croc flip flops every single day)
Ahoy! Looks like you did some darn good work there, Mom.
For the brief time I did my stint as a Cub Scout Den Leader, our boys did the Raingutter Regatta but used veggies as their boats. (Talk about last minute effort! Let's float a zucchini!) Less than stellar activity but you're right, you still need some REAL R&R by the time the whole thing's over!
Your description of "model" also works for fashion models as well: top heavy, well painted, and a lot of work with not much "intelligence" - LOL! I guess I shouldn't be so judgementat. . .sounds like the RR was loads of fun! As long as Nathan had fun, that's all that matters!
Fun! Our ward hasn't had a raingutter regatta for a while. Maybe they'll do one this year. Maybe not.
I just really wanted to say that Nathan looks SO MUCH like Trent in that last picture!
I am glad my son has scouts, but it is my nightmare calling. That and Young Women. I can handle Primary, I can handle R.S., I love to watch Scouts, I love to have my son in Scouts, just don't wanna have that calling. EVER. The RR was the first scouting event my son ever attended. He didn't do well in the race, but it was a great first scout experience.
Well, they can ask but I'm not as obedient as you all. My rebellious soul would say no thanks...give those blessings to someone else. : ) And I wouldn't even feel guilty about it. However, I do have a fabulous pair of Jimmy Choo brown suede mules with gold diamond cutouts that could work with the outfit. So fabulous in fact, that I plan to be buried in them. I think Jimmy choo would be ban me for life if I tried to wear them with a scout uniform. I'm not willing to risk that! : )
You guys are all so funny! I have been sitting here chuckling!
Mindy..good idea to use vegetables. I'll tuck that away in my brain in case next year I can't find the box with the boat in it.
Rebecca...brilliant comparison with the models. It always makes me feel better about myself when I think that way about the freakishly skinny/gorgeous people.
I agree with Boymom with the scout calling. I helped out for a couple of weeks and a bunch of 8 year old boys in one room together trying to accomplish anything? Well, it was a nightmare! I worked in Young Womens for many years and I loved it. I have to say though that I love primary, which surprises me. I can joke around with the young kids too. They are a hoot.
Ammie...that is too funny that you do have a pair of shoes like that. I had to google on how to spell the name...I think I heard the name in a song or something? I figured the Scout den leaders in Los Angeles do dress that way. Ya know...dress up the scout shirt with a few rhinestones, Jimmy Choo shoes..heh heh
I have more than a few pairs of shoes like that. I have a bit of shoe thing. Brian bought me a pair of Christian Louboutin 5 inch heels for mother's day. They are beautiful but their reputation proceeds them. I walk great in them on hard surfaces but not so well on carpet. On Mother's Day Sunday I refused to walk over the RS room with my sunbeam class to sing to their moms. Didn't want to risk breaking a heel or an ankle. ;) Last week during sharing time we went on a field trip to the temple. The Primary Presidency made sure to call me and tell me to bring some flip flops to walk over there in. heh heh I only get to dress up one day of the week so there was no way I was going to wear flip flops. I opted to wear a pair of 2 inch Jimmy Choo
(I heart that man!) sling backs. I was the only one wearing heels and I kept up with them. : )
You're the WOMAN! I'm enjoying a blissful break from the world of cubscouts...I have precisely 2 years and 1 month before it reenters my life with a vengeance and stays for well, eternity. What was I thinking having 4 sons??
Post a Comment