Sometimes in life, people surprise me. Today was one of those days. I have been on the brink of losing my sanity for the past month or so. There has been a lot of "stuff" going on around here that has not been very fun. Usually I can work through the all the crap and stay pretty sane. Lately though, it has gotten the better of me, and I have felt stuck and frustrated and pretty much not very nice. I still treat others fairly nicely, but inside my head I want to kill everyone and run away and never come back. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Anyways, I had a weak moment and emailed a friend about my frustrations, and it was not a pretty email. It is hard for me to admit how I really feel sometimes, because in my head I can hear my dad telling me to "think positive", and all that jazz, but sometimes (I swear as I get older, I am getting less and less patient) I just don't feel....chipper? Blah...Blah...Blah...I will not bore you with all the details. No one wants to hear me complain I am sure. "toughen up, buttercup"
Today I came home to this on my front doorstep as the flower lady was leaving. I was in total shock! Someone sent me flowers AND chocolate? Feel the love!

The note said, "Think happy Thoughts and if that doesn't work, pull out a flower and slowly pluck off the petals." I laughed right out loud, that is after I stopped tearing up. I am rarely suprised in a good way. It was so nice to know that someone out there cared enough about me to do something like that. At that moment, it felt like my burden got a little bit lighter. Friends...how does one live without them? Thanks Arlyn, I needed that today, more than you will ever know.
PS...if any of you are wondering what you can do to brighten my day...cold hard cash is always a nice option...heh heh
4 comments:
What a sweet thought! That's a good friend there, girl!
p.s. I hope you're feeling better.
Cash...here cash! Where are you cash? I can't find my cash!
Are you doing better now?
Hey! Sounds a little familiar...aren't we lucky to have other women in our lives to relate to. What a thoughtful friend. Eat some chocolate and have an awesome day.
Post a Comment