Jonathan and I went to WinCo to get some groceries. Yes...I actually went grocery shopping...my most favorite thing in the whole wide world to do. I'm so lucky. (can you feel the sarcasm?) Anyways...Jonathan was sitting in the front of the shopping cart when all of a sudden he starts crying. I look down, and lo and behold, he has somehow got his foot stuck in between one of the tiny metal slats. He had pulled his leg out of the kid seat and pushed his foot through the teeny tiny space next to it! How on EARTH did he do that? He was crying as I am trying to bend his foot sideways to shove it back through the hole. It reminded me of a time when I was little and we had a family reunion in Provo Utah. We stayed at a hotel there, and we all went swimming. My cousin didn't want to go all the way around the pool and go through the gate, so he decided to squeeze through the metal fence. He somehow got his head through, but that was it. It was quite the ordeal...think we even had to call the fire department for that one. Family Reunions...time for makin memories. I dont' remember much about anything else we did, but I remember him standing there with his head stuck in the fence.
Anyways...back to WinCo. Jonathan is really crying now, everyone is looking at me (thus...the "LOOK"), and I am two seconds away from going to find a jar of vaseline to see if that would help, and badda boom, badda bing....I was able to twist his foot just right and shove it through. It was a nightmare...the poor kid. His foot was all red. When we got home from the horrendous adventure, he started to play with Nathans power ranger motorcycle. And what do ya know? He gets his finger stuck in the little space between the handle bars! What the??? It took a while to get that one out. Twice in one day. Parenting...ya never know what lies ahead. Who knew that shopping carts could be so dangerous, even when you are using them correctly. I'll make sure that he has shoes on next time, that should solve the problem.
Friday, July 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Wasn't there a sign at WinCo that said something about "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service"? He did have a shirt on tho huh? =) Kids do the dangedest things!!
That's only in Idaho Gina. Here in the Northwest where we are more granola/natural, we can shop naked if we want. It is more environmentally friendly.. heh heh (cool picture by the way. That is fun)
Hi Kristi, I'm just catching up on several of your blog posts, there is so much fun going on at your house! First of all, my grandma taught me that the best thing to use for pitting cherries is a bobby pin, but I guess that advice comes a little too late. I'm also impressed with your R&R, have you done a pinewood dirby car yet? With 4 boys, we know all the tricks (we have 4 pinewood dirby races down and 8 more to go!) And lastly, I'm lucky if I get socks on Savannah, never shoes, so I'll be a little more careful of shopping carts! JaNae
Janae, that is such a great idea with the bobby pin for the cherries. "IF" I ever pick cherries again, I will totally try that. I wish I would have thought of that one. That would have helped a lot. We did do one derby car. Thank heavens we had a neighbor help us with it. I had NO idea how hard it was to get the wheel and axels on. I hope this neighbor is up for a couple more years of derby cars.
I have three kids. It took me having that final one (a boy after two girls) to find out I needed to take a jar a vasoline with me everywhere. He's four now and can still find small places to put his fingers and toes. Wears me out.
How do they do crap like that? I have had a few of those instances myself, also one involving a shopping cart! At least we'll have some good stories to tell when they start dating!!
Guess I better put a jar of vaseline in my purse. Who knew? My first son was so easy, and rarely got into things. This one, is a whole different creature. Better buy stock in Vaseline. I am sure that I will need it a lot in the future.
Post a Comment