Sunday, December 14, 2008

My Little Drummer Boy

I LOVE the Little Drummer Boy song. I have vivid memories of listening to that record (yes I said record) over and over when I was little. So, I was tickeled pink when Nathan picked that song to play at his piano recital we had today. The "tickeled pink" quickly wore off when he only had a weeks notice to get it all ready to go before the big day. This week has not been fun getting him to practice this "Way hard song!". "I can't do it" "I don't get it!" eye rolling....tears...loud sighs...whining... I had to turn into Mommy Dearest to get him to practice and practice so he could do it. We just about killed each other this week. I am happy to report that it went well. Here is the video. I was the only one that didn't get the memo that it was "church dress". I showed up in my sweatsuit. Love that. I was the only one comfortible. :)

Wondering why I have a clock as my first picture? The recital started at 6:00pm. That is what we are talkin about people. My kind of recital. Short and sweet.

9 comments:

Arlyn said...

Way to GO, Nathan! That was awesome, and you had it memorized! Daniel may be starting piano lessons after the new year.

And what was going on with the recording, Kristi? Were you rockin' to the rhthym? :P

Josi said...

We have my kids recital tonight--they aren't as short as yours, but they have treats!! Have you ever tried having him practice in the morning? I know it doesn't work for all families, but it works great for us. If they don't do it in the morning, they can't play or watch TV til it's done afterschool--for my son that was all the motivation he needed--he don't want anyone cuttin into after school! And I'm afraid Weird Al ruined that song for me, i can't listen to it without "paddles your bum, paddle your bum" marching through my head

Kristi said...

Arlyn, I was holding Jonathan, and he was trying to get down. So...yeah...I was "swaying" to the music. :)

Josi, great idea about the practicing before school. I will give that a whirl.

Ammie said...

Bravo! Bravo!

HeatherPride said...

Hey, there's a lot to be said for comfort!!! Great job, Nathan!

Mindy said...

Yay for comfy clothes, yay for surviving a week of "Drummer Boy" overload, and yay for a 20 minute recital! Sounds like Santa came a little early this year, eh? ;)

Miss Hope said...

What an awesome job! My friend, at age 43, is taking violin lessons and we went to her recital. Her husband was out to sea and so we girlfriends had to kick in. There's just something so sweet about those recitals. I always enjoy them!

Teneil said...

Good job Nathan! Watching him, and remembering what a great player Trent was(I think!) I am going to have Marshall join the ranks of piano player!

Sue Ann said...

Awesome Nathan!!! Thanks for inspiring Brayden - after watching your video he said,"Wow, he's good!" I then reminded him that he started taking piano at about the same time as Nathan - but gave up. Now he thinks that maybe he should take it up again! He even sat down and played a little! You're our inspiration man!!