
This year instead of gift for the grandkids, Trents parents bought gift cards to the movies and Chuck E. Cheeses. The kids had so much fun. I told his parents that they should do that every year. Good memories, and it gets the kids out of the house over the holidays. Have any of you been to Chuck E. Cheeses? Man...that place is always so chaotic, especially the day after Christmas. Nathan really enjoys that place. Let's just say that it is not my most favorite place. All the flashing lights, loud music/sounds, lots of screaming children running around with tickets and tokens or begging my kid for some of his tokens, cardboard tasting pizza, and did I mention all the noise? Heck...if I wanted flashing lights and loud noises I would go to a disco joint. I usually just choke down the lack of enthusiasm and enjoy the "moment". This time, however, I had an 18 month old that did not quite enjoy it. For 2- 1/2 hours...yes that is correct...2 and one half hours, I walked behind Jonathan as he was not digging the whole Chuck E Cheese Chaos. Here he is on a "ride". This shows his attitude about it all:
He did not crack a smile the whole night, and most of it I spent carrying him around as he was clinging to me and whining. Guess he shared my sentiments. Home is a much better place to be. The older cousins loved it so that is all that matters right?


Jonathan "loving" the Carousel as I am walking around and around getting dizzy as he cries.


My handsome boys

Wait...Is that a smile I see? He broke out the smile 10 minutes before we were leaving. *sigh*
Bustin their moves with Chuck E. Nathan is in the black jacket, of course. He is so shy. :)
11 comments:
Ugh! I despise Chuck E. Cheese. But I'm with you - that sounds like a fun gift from the grandparents. Maybe next year you could hint at a pass to OMSI or someplace a bit more "sane and sanitary."
Brooke...that is the best idea ever. The kids would love OMSI or even the Childrens Museum. That sounds like such a harmonius solution.
my kids love chuck-e-cheese. we just went a weeks or so ago; after one of the kids earned enough beads to "pick a reward." The noise and chaos kinda gets to me, the food is less than great (although I really do like the apple cinnamon dessert pizza), and it looks like you have cooler stuff at YOUR chuck-e-cheese, but it is always good for a couple hours of diversion and happy kids. (until the tokens run out...)
Great post. I can so relate!
When my kids were much smaller I'd drive all the way out to Woodland Hills because their Chuck E. Cheese was the newest, nicest, cleanest. We'd get ourselves a booth, load up on the salad bar (there's no way you'd catch me eating that "rat" pizza), and get a bottomless diet Coke. We'd divvy up the tokens into separate cups and give the kids only a few at a time so they'd have to come back to get more & check in with us. Definitely not my favorite place and I'm glad those days are over (sorry Bailey. Majority rules) Next time you need to take a preteen to follow Jonathan around so you can hang in your booth and drink Diet Coke! : )
I posted a big long comment and now it's gone. Argh.
Your boy Jonathan is hillarious in that vid!
And yet another reason not to go. : )
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2009/01/conduct_at_restaurant_describe.html
As a general rule, I try to keep my mice and my pizza separated.
Now Chuck E Cheese is truly evil. It is documented. Thanks for sharing Ammie. I have to say that before Jonathan would come along, it was not so bad to sit in a booth with endless pop refills while Nathan went hog wild. Guess I'll have to find me a teenie bopper to walk around with Jonathan next time. Great idea.
Hi Kristi! What a coincidence... we just got home from Chuck E. Cheese (Jared's 4 year birthday celebration). It was so crowded and wild and loud, we gave each of the kids 25 tokens and when they ran out, we went next door to Fudruckers to eat. Jared even opened his birthday presents in the car, right after everyone got a squirt of hand sanitizer! I enjoyed the video of Jonathan, he looked a little scared but I can tell he has your fun personality. JaNae
Oh my gosh, if Logan caught sight of that mouse, he'd go screaming right out the door and that would put an end to all the Chuck E. Cheese infatuation! heh.
Post a Comment