Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm a Rockstar!

I am a total Rockstar now. For Christmas we as a family got Rockband for the Wii. We figured it was something that we could totally do as a family. And let me tell ya people, it...is...totally...awesome. We are having so much fun with this thing. Trent does the lead vocals, and Nathan and I switch off between drums and guitar. It is taking me a while to get use to playing them, because you don't strum on the exact beat, it is when the colored rectangles move across your screen. That part drives me crazy, and I consider myself somewhat musical, but I have to turn that part of my brain off and not concentrate on strumming exactly to the beat, but strum to the rectangles. It is tricky!

I wait for Nathan to get home from school now so we can have a mini jam session before his homework starts. Nathan loves that part, because he will do absolutely anything to put off doing homework and practicing the piano. My favorite song is Wanted, Dead or Alive. I can rip that up on vocals baby. Nathan will just laugh and shake his head as I am jammin and pullin out my 80's dance moves as I sing. It is some precious family time I tell ya. Jonathan even hits the drums sometimes, or strums the guitar in our session. He wants to be just like us. We are pretty awesome. Rock on!

6 comments:

Mindy said...

I would LOVE to see a video of the Kunz Family Band! (Esp. those 80s dance moves!)

Brooke said...

I totally agree! We got Guitar Hero World Tour for Christmas. Man, Nintendo totally nailed it with this game. They managed to combine a fun video game with total family bonding time! I bet even the prophet would rock out with it. (Can't you just picture the 1st presidency playing Rock Band? I bet Uchdorf is awesome on the guitar.)

Kim said...

We don't have Rock Band but Guitar Hero is totally addictive. My kids are Awesome. I have to practice when nobody is around. I stink at it- bad stink.I said it's addictive, I NEVER said I was any good at it. Maybe One Day.

Sue Ann said...

Love the rock band! Rick and Marisa got it too (well, World Tour), that is what we did as a family for Camryn's B-day - Bring on the video baby!

Ammie said...

We love rock band too! Brian secretly wishes he were a rock star. LOL! I may buy him the fog machine and psychedelic lights to go with his leather pants and vest. Just kidding! : )

ali cross said...

I am ROFL at that imagery. I'm so jealous! We wanted to get that for Christmas too, but it fell below some other stuff we wanted more. Oh well, my birthday is only six months away ;)

Rock on Kristi!