Tis the season of the old New Years Resolutions. I frankly forgot about it until I read a friends blog about her new resolution. It's a time to ponder where you are at in your life and where you want to go. Many people find it in their hearts to make a change for the better and resolve to do it. What a beautiful thought. I, on the other hand, think New Years Resolutions S-T-I-N-K. As I look back over my life, every time I make a NYR (new years resolution, in case you couldn't figure that little diddy out) I rarely accomplish it. Most of them are centered around losing weight, because every year I am overweight, and who doesn't want to be able to shop at "normal" stores and get down into the single digits of jeans. Heck, I'd even settle for a 12!
Anyways....does this sound familiar to any of you? About 10 years ago, I made the best NYR that I have ever made in my entire life. In fact, it is SO good that I have been able to meet it every single year. That, in and of itself, is nothing short of a miracle. Wonder what it was? Was it to bring a little bit of joy and happiness to my family and others? Was it to be a better parent? to be slow to get irritated with all the idiot drivers out there? Was it to possibly just share the love as much as possible? Nah. My all time best New Years Resolution was to never make a New Years Resolution again. Yeah. Beautiful ain't it? It was the best NYR I ever made. No more guilt over not ever achieving my NYR, no more wondering what my NYR should be. Just plain no more NYR's. I am perfectly content in my lack of Resolutions. Care to join me anyone? heh heh :)
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Alright! Stop spreading your false doctrine of Anti-Resoluting.
It always amazes my that some of my favorite friends are so Type-B that it makes my Type-A look almost mild. :-)
I'm in! : ) I hate New Years. It's all very depressing and anticlimactic.
Viva la anti-resolution revolution! Death to the resolvers! Oh wait, that sounded like a resolution. Well, as long as I didn't actually resolve to do anything.
Sounds good to me. I only want to get back to normal life after the holidays--not add something new! HA.
HA! I hate NY resolutions too!
And you don't look any bigger than a size 6 in that family photo!
Sounds like a GREAT idea!!
I have never made a NYR - at least so long ago I don't remember! So I'm right with ya baby!
Hahaha. That's good Kristi. Well, good for you!
I am pretty close ... I haven't made any definite resolutions this year just to ... be better.
But that's not really a NYR, is it? It's a life resolution.
I quit makin 'em too! Too much pressure. However, I do need to make some serious goals in the next few weeks if my family is gonna climb out of the hole we are in. And I agree with HeatherPride, you do not look like the huge person you are trying to describe yourself as. Seriously!
Heather, you are my new best friend. Size 6! Pa-lease! :) Notice the all black outfit? That is the secret. Sheds off 8 sizes just like that.
Post a Comment