Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Idaho

Jonathan and I at the Restaurant after a long day
I recently returned from a week long trip to Idaho for some rest and relaxation. It's the next best thing to laying on a beach drinkin pina coladas, but for 1/4 of the price. You do...whatcha gotta do. I flew into Salt Lake for my sisters baptism (long story). My sister Michelle picked Jonathan and I up, and we drove to Heber for the baptism. Jonathan was getting pretty antsy by then. We started out the day leaving for the airport at 7 am. It was now 3:00. It was the first time in years that all six of us siblings have been together. It was AWESOME! We went to a restaurant afterwards and had a good time. We all laughed. That is one thing my family have always been able to do...is laugh. We have some issues, but we can laugh about them. Or should I say that everyone else had a good time? By then, Jonathan was DONE! I spent most of the time walking around the restaurant entertaining a 20 month old, because it was butt cold outside. You know, the kind where your nose hairs freeze together? Just about that cold.
Scott and Keri, the "babies" of the family
My Mom and Dad, and of course Keri "crashing" the picture

My sister Kyndra and her baby

My sister Michelle and her husband Greg

After the restaurant we went to Kyndras house so Sue and Kyndra could get a quick cut from Keri, the Hair stylist.
Then we had to drive 3 hours up to my brothers house. We were exhausted by the time we pulled into the driveway at 10:00 that night. As I was getting everything situated and ready for bed, Sue played some basketball with Jonathan. Very cute.

5 comments:

Josi said...

Sounds like a fun and intense trip--now why did I think you lived in Idaho? Apparently I was wrong :-) Congrats for your sister

Sue Ann said...

That was way fun! Glad you came!! Jonathan was a blast!!!

Ammie said...

The girls and I were in Idaho over President's Day weekend. Please tell me that you weren't there at the same time so I can quit banging my head on the wall. : )

Trina said...

Michelle looks the same as she did 20 years ago!!! Does she have a blog? How fun to see your family, Scott and Keri have definitely changed the most. I have lot's of fun memories of you all. Congrats on that baptism. I've wondered how she's doing. Sounds like things must be going very well. I think I'll try to crash Sue's blog.

Trina said...

Darn it! By invite only. Oh well, tell them hi.