Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Stuck

Jonathan and I went to Fred Meyer today to do some quick shopping. I don't go there very often but I didn't feel like braving the crowds today at Winco, and not to mention having to bag my own groceries. Today was a have someone else bag my groceries type of day no matter what the cost. I unloaded my groceries and was getting Jonathan out of the shopping cart. I was pulling him out and he would not budge. I could lift him up a little but he was stuck. I kept checking if his feet were stuck, as I pulled and tugged harder. The front of the cart would start to fold up as I was tugging on him. I was getting really frustrated. Jonathan was crying, I felt like crying as the struggle continued, and continued. I was beginning to wonder if I was going to have to go to customer service to help me out or call the freakin fire department, or personally dismantle the blasted cart with a blow torch when I saw something out of the corner of my eye. What is that underneath his jacket? What is that little strap like thing right there? OH...it's the seatbelt. Forgot about that little contraption. Unclick...problem solved. I'm probably going to have to take Jonathan to the Chiropractor after all that pulling, twisting, and tugging I put him through. Another day in the life of Kristi.

7 comments:

Gina Q. said...

You are way to young to be pulling those kind of stunts Kristi. :D Happens to the best of us!

Sue Ann said...

Too funny! Guess what? I did the same thing to him that day you left for Marie's and I finished feeding him lunch. Went to get him out and lifted the whole highchair with him!! We both started laughing - at least I didn't make him cry!!! So much for safety first! Sure miss you guys!

Miss Hope said...

After three kids? yeah, it's happened to me too.

Latisha said...

Your story cracked me up - I've actually done that before, too!

HeatherPride said...

Oh poor Jonathan!! And this is totally the sort of thing that I would do!!

JuBee J said...

Hilarious soul sista K...I don't have any kids but did the exact same thing with a cousin of mine when I was watching him and took him shopping with me at Freddies...I was almost in a panic as I couldn't get the fella out and then voila I see the freaken safety belt and away we went...Like you I ended up lifting up the whole back side of the cart, child in tow, and was totally confused as to why I couldn't free the child...Love it!
It was great to see Brenda and Chris on the new unit before she went on her cruise. I'm really looking forward to hearing all about it...

Thanks for making me smile by sharing your world...

I love love love it..

Mwah.....Julie aka JuBee

Wills Family Blog said...

We've all done that! Just part of a "normal" day as a Mom!