Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Feel The Love

I got me a new header for my blog page. My friend Arlyn designed this for me as a surprise, and I love it! I LOVE Daisies, and it has my two favorite sayings, "Feel the Love" and "Toughen up Buttercup". I have worked with the youth in my church for many years, and all of them can tell you that I often say, "Feel the Love". It is a well used quote of mine. And as for the "Toughen up buttercup" ? , well that one comes in handy. For instance, when Nathan gets plowed over in a soccer game and is slow to get up and all the parents are concerned and making sure that I know that it is my son who is down on the field, I am yelling for him to shake it off, and then I'll add "Toughen up Buttercup" to lighten the mood among the parents. Maybe I should have T-shirts made with the logo? Or when some women get together and start whining, I'll throw that quote in. It works for me. Are you "Feelin the love" right now, cuz I sure love ya'll. :)

5 comments:

Arlyn said...

When you get the shirts made, send me one. (size XL - Xtra Loveable) ;)

Brooke said...

That's interesting, because these are NOT the quotes that I remember you saying often. (Of course, this is supposed to be a family-friendly blog, so you probably had to pick your milder quotes). :-)

I LOVE the header, though. You have a very talented friend!

Kristi said...

Hey "The mom", you better watch yourself girlfriend. No one knows about my dark side, at least not yet. Shh...that is a secret. What happens in Seattle,stays in Seattle...heh heh

Mindy said...

I love your new header, Kris! What a great gift. Your "Toughen Up, Buttercup" is very akin to my personal fave, "Buck Up, Lil' Camper!" I'm sure my kids can't wait until they hear that one ad nauseum!

Kristi said...

Mindy, your comment "buck up lil camper" sounds so much nicer than my Toughen up Buttercup. I secretly like to be mean sometimes though. heh heh.