Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Great to be Eight!


Nathan's baptism day was awesome. He had Grandpa Kunz baptize him and Trent confirm him. He asked two of his friends to give talks. One was on baptism (Melanie, 8 yrs old) and the other was on the Holy Ghost (Emily, 11 yrs. old), and they did an AWESOME job. It is fun to hear a kids perspective on those topics, and Nathan really listened and learned a lot. So did we! They even had pictures, and object lessons. It was quite impressive. Nathan really likes the song, I Love to see the Temple, so he asked me to sing it. It was a great day. Nathan was a little bit nervous, but as he came up out of the water he had a huge smile on his face. It was so cute. There were almost 50 people crammed in the little room. It was so nice that so many people came out to support us. It was a good thing that we had so many refreshments! I am a firm believer that every event needs to have some sort of food, it just keeps us all fat and happy. :) It was nice to have everyone eat and visit afterwards. Then we went to Black Angus with the family, (my cousin and her family came down from Centralia, which was nice). I only took a couple of pictures, and as I was looking through them, I realized that Jonathan was not in any of them. Oops...I'm sure I'll be paying for his therapy session for that one. Maybe we'll have to go back to the church, and stage it to look like it is the same day. I already got my hair cut though...guess I'll have to wait a month or so. OH well... all in all it was a wonderful day. Hard to believe that Nathan is 8 years old. And when Jonathan is 8, Nathan will be able to baptize him. That would be cool! Life is good here in Vancouver.

2 comments:

Arlyn said...

He looks so happy! How interesting that his two little friends were girls! What's going on there in Vancouver? ;)

I miss the Black Angus restaurants. But luckily, the Church is true out here, too and we have refreshments at our events just like you! I will be fat and ?happy? for the rest of my life that way!

Mindy said...

I can't believe you have an 8-year old!! Where does the time go? It looks like it was a great day.