Thursday, September 11, 2008

Put on my Blue Suede Shoes

Jonathan's first pair of shoes. We went to Nordstroms to get them. I know! I never shop there, they had the brand of shoes I wanted to get him. I bought Nathan his first pair of Stride Rite shoes from Nordstoms back in the day...so call me sentimental? He put these ones on and took off in the store. At first he was lifting his legs up real high while he walked because he was not use to having real shoes on. It was funny. I didn't even look to see how expensive they were. How expensive can a little teeny tiny shoe be? Well my friends, lets just say that they were expensive. However, they give you a balloon, a stuffed animal, and take your picture with your new shoes and put it in a card. Oh...OK..now I don't feel so bad about spending so much. ya right! Good thing he only needs one pair for now and can wear them for all occasions. I might even make him start wearing them to bed to make sure we get our moneys worth. :) He has already put a lot of miles on these things. He knows that when he puts his shoes on, we go outside. All morning he kept finding his shoes and bringing them to me to put on.

5 comments:

I Am Boymom said...

He looks so cute...I remember that phase, "shoes mom...go!" I couldn't say no!

Arlyn said...

And so you're not going to admit how much you actually paid? Joseph hasn't worn shoes yet. We barely do socks. I'm glad I have a box full to "shop" from!

Teneil said...

Be glad his first pair of Stride Rites weren't 5XW's!! I always pay a pretty penny for Marshall's! He is down to single wide and now I have a choice when I go shopping! (Thank you New Balance!)

Kim said...

Hopefully he won't grow out of them any time soon....How much were those shoes anyways? LOL

Kristi said...

Teneil, Marshall has that wide of feet? Wow...that would be a nightmare!

Kim,...let's just say that they were below 60 bucks, and above 50 bucks...About 30 bucks more than I ever expected to pay. :)