Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Friendship

How does one know when you have a true friend? A friend that goes above and beyond the normal, "Let's do lunch" or you catch a movie every now and then. I learned that I have a true friend today. How do I know this? Check out these pictures. They are self explanatory.


What might she be doing in case you were wondering? There is a nasty smell in our house by our fireplace that we can not figure out what it is. Is there an animal that has died under the house and is causing this atrocious smell? That's where my "true" friend comes in. She got all the gear on and crawled through the teeny tiny crawl space under my house. (shiver...creepy) Did she find any dead animals or bodies, or anything stinky? No. She did find two pipes that are leaking pretty bad. There are a few things that I am thankful for.

1.) True Friends

2.) True Friends that happen to be skinny...it came in handy today as she squeezed through that tiny space. No Kunz could ever have accomplished this. We are all too "shapely".
.
3.) A nasty, stinky mysterious smell. Without it, we ( I say "we" when I had nothing to do with it) would have never ventured under the house, and never would have found the pipe problem, which potentially could have been a nightmare.

Friendship. It's a beautiful thing. You Rock Robin!

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow.

I love you, girl. But I am NOT that kind of friend. I'll stand by you when you do a major open-mouth-insert-foot, I'll donate a kidney if you need it . . . but I will NOT play footsies with all the spiders under your house.

She is a true friend.

Miss Hope said...

I hope and pray my friends NEVER ask me to do something like that. Be back later...I got to go do some serious praying about this.

Gina Q. said...

Kris, I love reading your stories! You have such a way with words. One day your grandchilderen will read all these entries and laugh until they cry! Keep it up. It's awesome!

I Am Boymom said...

Wow, Robin DOES rock! I am too shapely to be crawlin' under anyone's house. I kinda feel like a crappy friend now. Think I'll go do something nice for the neighbor, like pick up my kids toys from their lawn.

Sue Ann said...

Robin is now my hero too!! Glad someone is there to help you guys out - but crawl under your house? WOW!!!

Ammie said...

Girl, you better hang on to that one! I love you guys but I'm not that kind of friend. : )

Kristi said...

I love all you guys! I can see that we are all friends, but not "true" friends. :) There is no way that I would do something like that for someone else. Guess I am not that kind of friend either. That's why it is so blog worthy.