Saturday, January 17, 2009

Wheelchair Shelf

Everyday I go to Trent's work to get him some lunch and help him out. I was standing there feeding him some lunch when something hot pink caught my eye. I bent down to see what it was, and there on the bottom ledge of his wheelchair was a neat row of brightly colored toys. Huh. There was a Little People girl with a hot pink dress on standing there waving at all of Trent's clients. There were various brightly colored hot wheel cars. It was quite the stash under there. Jonathans special little place to stash his treasures. I wonder how many of Trents clients saw that and had to just smile. It was next to impossible to miss all those toys. Kids sure keep things interesting now don't they? I guess we should be grateful that it was just toys and not something else, like a bunch of maxi-pads, or tampons...the options are endless.

7 comments:

Mindy said...

...or a maxipad with wings, stuck on the wall with eyes drawn on it to make it look like a sting-ray...

(remember that?) :)

Josi said...

No kidding--or mom's underwear cause it's so silky. Funny, and rather endearing. They want to leave their mark.

Sue Ann said...

How funny! That little one is going to keep you on your toes his whole life! Makes you wonder what went through his clients heads huh?

Mark and Maria said...

That IS so funny! Oh yeah, it could have been much, much worse!!

Teneil said...

B loves the tampon drawer. They are perfect to tote around. They fit in your hand, they are light and they rustle!! It sounds like they would get along great!

Miss Hope said...

At least Dad wasn't alone all day long! I can just see that sweet group of toys greeting his clients. I bet it lightened the mood a few times!

ali cross said...

That's hillarious Kristi. Wish you had a picture ;)

And what an awesome wife you are.

I'm sure most of us cannot imagine the uniqueness of your life with Trent.