
It is spring break here in Vancouver, and we wanted to do something different. We wanted to play in some snow, so we hopped in the car and headed to the mountains. Our friends came along on our little adventure. (Robin, Emily, Maddie and Annie) We all put on some rented snow shoes (Robin and I took turns sitting in the car with the babies, in case you were wondering) and we went out trekkin. It was wonderful! It was so awesome to walk along, and hear the sound of nothingness, except for the crunching of the snow and the slight breeze. The snow was glistening in the sun (yes, the sun was actually out! Miracle I know!). Now for those of you who know about me and exercise...that I am allergic to it, might be surprised to hear that I LOVED snow shoeing. Who knew? Guess it is good to try new things every now and then.

You can see Mt. Hood in the background....isn't it gorgeous? Well...after the snow shoeing, we moved on to the sledding portion of the trip. As I watched Nathan and Emily sledding down the hill, it looked like fun, so I decided to give it a whirl. We hiked up the hill and I got on the sled and took off. Well, I didn't factor in that I am much heavier than an 8 year old, so I was screaming like a little girl as I was bombing down the hill gaining momentum on a death trap that you cannot steer or control. I hit a jump at the bottom of the hill, flying off of the sled and barely skidding to a stop before dropping down the hill into the parking lot. The kids were all telling me that I now needed to try out the "faster" sled. I couldn't say No...the peer pressure of an 8 year old was just too much to bear. I guess I should have remembered the Nancy Reagan slogan, "Just Say No". I'll remember that one in the future. I took that second run, and let me just say that I went faster, and caught some "serious air" according to the kids (I think I blacked out mid jump). Let's just say that I am not as young as I use to be and ended up crawling my way out of the situation, all the while trying to look cool. I ended up at the chiropractor the next day with a kinked neck, that we are still trying to un-kink. Other than the sledding episode, the day was fabulous!
5 comments:
Oh Kristi, Kristi. How do I miss out on these adventures of yours? I would have loved to see you flying through the air! But it makes my own back hurt just thinking about it.
Look at you Wonder Woman! You have inspired my to think about getting out next winter in the cold. Just being inspired is all I can commit to at this time though:) I did do some sledding with Sarah and Shayla. I almost took out a whole hispanic family at the bottom of the hill. They just laughed at us. I had no control over the ski doo we were on. It's not like our old sleds with a handle on it. Maybe there is some kind of manuevering trick that I am suppose to do with my butt that I don't know about. I was just suprised to still be on the thing by the time we got to the bottom of the hill.
Ok. I just saw my typo. I should probably try hitting preview before actually publishing my comment. Brain damage moment in the works here :)
This is awesome. I'm glad that you have one. put us as a link to yours. Then we can share. I will let Natasha know and she will add you to my links it is really fun. check my links out! thekarenhillfamily.blogspot.com
You all look Great Kristi Valyn!! Hope all is well!!
Post a Comment