Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Counter Attack
Nathan and Trent were dinkin around in the kitchen, pushin each other around, swingin at each other...ya know...the typical male bonding stuff. Next thing I know, I hear Nathan crying, or trying not to cry...and he comes back into Jonathan's room with blood all over his face. After we got him all cleaned up this is what was there.
As he was ducking out of the way, he hit his eyelid on the counter and split it right open. It is pretty nasty. Should leave a good scar. Should we have taken him in to get stitches? Maybe...but decided it was better to deal with a possible scar than the trauma of having to get stitches on his eye. Nathan informed me the next day at school that everyone was asking him about his cut on his eye. He told them, "It's a long story". Then he proceeded to tell me that he would just tell them that "My dad hit me". silence. You told them what? "I just told them how my dad hit me". Ummm...not the best way to describe the situation son....especially at school! I am surprised that CPS wasn't knocking at my door that same day. Kids...arent' they great?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Way to go, Nathan! You guys need a little more excitement in your lives. Have you called the school to "explain?"
Love the shiner! And LOVE the story! Way to go little Kunz!
Good call on not wasting the time/money to get stitches. They probably would've either just left it (it looks like it scabbed up nicely) or glued it. And it's going to be a really cool scar.
I didn't even thing about how they glue things up these days. It is healing nicely though, and scars are cool for boys. he already has one on his cheek from when he jumped off the deck and his cheek caught on a metal fence and ripped open. ewww...so gross! He was little too. He'll be "scarface".
Arlyn,
We did see the teacher the next day, and she didn't say anything to us, so I didn't bring it up. Maybe she figures Trent is quadriplegic, so he can't do too much damage? :) Wreslin..someone always gets hurt. (I can hear my mother saying that as I type it)
He can only roll a 300+ wheelchair over you! Get that man some flashing lights and beepers! What a danger! (Hey, Trent! :D)
Kris, I love your kid more and more...every time he opens his mouth, pretty much! He cracks me up. Glad you didn't have to have a run-in with CPS. And that he gets another cool scar.
Only 300lbs? You are too kind...more like almost 600 lbs...that could do some damage you are right. :0 Good thing I am all abs and buns of steel. Can't hurt me...no sir ree.
Bwahahaha!
OK, I'm laughin' now but I KNOW it's not gonna be funny if CPS comes for a visit. You know, men in black, stony faces ... the works.
Having had a couple boy-types in for stitches on their faces I can tell you that you probably made the right choice in not taking him in.
Ouch!
Kids are too funny sometimes!
{You and Arlyn aren't good friends or anything? haha}
The best remedy for little cuts, per Dr. Youngquist is just a little bit of glue. They use this stuff in the ER. It's called derma bond. Scott says it basically super glue tinted blue. So we keep the generic version (super glue) on hand for our kids and any other neighbors who happen to make a house call.
Post a Comment