Saturday, June 7, 2008

Gas this baby!

As we are all concerned and cutting back on our activities as to conserve gas, I figured out something today. Jonathan cried for 2 hours today, and wouldnt take a nap. As we got in the beast and drove to baseball, he fell asleep, of course. I dropped the boys off, and in fear of waking the baby, I sat in the parking lot with the van running... and running...and running. Literally watching the gas gage lower, and lower. I can hear the cha-ching of money in head.

Filling up the van: Pricey
Baby screaming, but now sleeping in the econoline beast: Priceless.

Some things are worth paying for. I don't care how much it costs. The price of my sanity? Worth every stinkin penny.

5 comments:

Arlyn said...

Keep a tally of the money and make him pay you back when he gets a job...especially when he starts complaining that you never buy him anything!

Ammie said...

I agree! Some things are just worth paying more for. For me, it's time. I buy pre-cut onions and veggies to save time when I'm making dinner. I know they are way more expensive but I don't care. The 15 minutes of chopping it saves me is worth the extra dough. If my kids were still young enough to nap I'd leave the engine running too! Sometimes that nap in the car was the only quiet time I'd have to myself all day.

Gina Q. said...

Kristi,
Have ever given thought to writing a column? Your blog is awesome!!! You could write commercials too=) Keep up the good work~it's mighty entertaining ;)

Kristi said...

Thanks Gina, that is so nice. Life can be pretty funny sometimes eh? And Ammie, I didnt' even know that you could buy onions cut up already. I HATE chopping onions, and chopping vegetables? I dont' really like to eat them, let alone chop them. That would totally be worth it.

Autumn said...

AMEN!