Monday, September 1, 2008

Busted

The other night, after all the kids were in bed, I went to the fridge to get a drink a milk. Who wants to take time to get a cup at 10:00 at night? While I am standing there with the fridge door open, drinking from the milk jug, Nathan walks in. He stops and gasps. "Mom...you are drinking from the milk carton and you made the rule not to do that!". I felt like a kid caught with her hand in the cookie jar. We started to laugh. I told him that he was right, and I shouldn't have done that. He has since told about every friend that he has how I broke my own rules. Will I stop drinking from the milk jug every now and then? No. Will I make sure Nathan is in bed before I do? You betcha.

9 comments:

I Am Boymom said...

Bwuahahahahahaha! I have broken that rule myself on occasion and recently found myself being busted by my oldest, who was the reason we made the rule in the first place. I told him his Dad said I could.

Arlyn said...

Half the rules moms make are to protect themselves...not their kids! It's ok if he gets your germs...but who wants backwash from an 8 year old?

All the same, next time I visit, we'll make a stop at WinCo for a fresh jug. ;)

Kristi said...

That's true Arlyn, mom germs are perfectly harmless. In fact, mom germs are down right good for ya.

Boymom...I'll have to use that one next time. "Dad said I could".

Latisha said...

Loved your story - it seems like the kids are always there to catch me if I break a house rule - my biggest problem is using the word crap - which they aren't allowed to use :). I like to remind them that moms mess up sometimes, too!

Mark and Maria said...

Tommy caught me last week doing something that I shouldn't have done and boy oh boy did I get it! I don't think I'm as hard on my kids as Tommy was on me! I had to ask myself who was the parent here?? It stinks getting busted by your kids! But glad you had a good laugh, it's good for them to see we're human too, right?

Tolman said...

I just pictured myself drinking from the juice pitcher. It's always look one way and then the other and then you have to be quick on the swig! (Ultra quick!)
I about spit out my water when you said you busted out laughing. That is usually my response when I get "Busted"! Thanks for the laugh!

Kristi said...

Nice to know that i am not the only one who drinks out of the "forbidden fruit" aka Milk jugs, pitchers....anything we can get our hands on. I guess the moral of the story is, don't have a beverage at someones house unless YOU open it first. :)

Kristi said...

Latisha....I have that same problem with the word crap. I have a hard time forgetting that word shouldn't be used. Hard to break a life long habit. Crap..its' hard aint' it? heh heh

Anonymous said...

Just remind your kids of how much "mom spit" you've rained on them over the years in the form of kisses, wiped smudges, etc.