I always enjoy going home to visit, but this time I really felt a homesickness for my home town. I would get this warm fuzzy feeling as memories filled my mind wherever I went. I especially felt it in the rare times that I was alone driving somewhere. *sigh* I miss it.
Anyways...here are a few things that I did while I was in Idaho. And when I say "few", I mean "few". I really needed to just chill and regroup. So here you go...my Idaho Trip in a nutshell.
A couple of these...Hawaiian Shaved Ice, NOT snow cones....there is a difference
Boating...Me and Jonathan enjoying the ride...him not enjoying the life jacket so much. Boating is one of the main things we did growing up. A lot of memories skiing, tubing or trying to stay on the tube as my dad skipped us across the lake, swallowing gallons of water along the way.
Reading
Driving by Indian Hills Elementary...endless games of kiss tag, four square, tether ball and kickball
The old Monkey bars are still there...lots of death defying stunts on these bad boys
Visiting Pocatello High school aka Poky High, aka the BEST school in Pocatello Oskee Ow Ow!!
Jonathan's favorite past time, being pushed around in this old wheelchair...go figure
Tastee Treet aka Heaven on Earth where I had a couple of these:
Boston Shake = chocolate banana shake with a hot fudge sundae on top. OH yeah baby!
I think that just about covers it. Good times to be had there in Idaho. I am hankerin for one of those Hawaiian shaved Ice.

13 comments:
Hey Kristi! I'm glad you found the Synergymom blog :) Yes, that was a picture of an LDS missionary -- but I didn't actually make that craft :) It's a picture from Sugardoodle.net. I am LDS though :)
If you have any fun craft projects I'd love to have you e-mail them to synergymom@gmail.com
Hey Marcie...I have to admit that you won't be getting too many craft ideas from me. I wasn't born with that gene. I can admire others talents from a distance though. :)
OHMYGOSH! That sundae/shake thingy sounds delicious! We love Idaho and want to move there. But for whatever reason, it seems we are stuck here in AZ, though we can't figure out why. Sounds like you had a nice, relaxing visit.
Glad you enjoyed your visit home!! =)
Yes I love these things too. But I would of loved seeing you when you were here. Let me know next time ok. I love the pictures you share.
You mean snow cones? haha
This is a cool re-cap of your trip. A very laid back kind of trip that makes you wish you took them more often. :)
And it looks like you had a ton of fun growing up!
Hi, Kristi:
Thanks for sharing your pictures. I haven't been in south-south Idaho for 15 years, at least, though I did touch areas that look a lot like Pocatello in Montana on my current road trip. I always envy people who grew up with plenty of room to roam under giant skies. My upbringing on Bainbridge Island was pretty textbook suburban by comparison. If home is where you go to chill and regroup, then that tells me right there that you had a pretty happy childhood. And that puts you one up on about four-fifths of us. (Though mine wasn't terrible.) Thanks for sharing a piece of your private world with me.
I miss Tastee Treat too but I miss Mama Inez more! I can't honestly say that I miss Pocatello itself though. People drive too slow there. And a lot of people still have mall hair and mullets. But everything has a drive through so that is a plus.
I know what you mean Ammie. When I would visit Pocatello while we lived in Los Angeles, it would take me a few days to ease into the slow life and drivers there. The light would change and I was immediately wondering why on earth they werent' going...The contrast was amazing! Then I would go back to Los Angeles, still in the relaxed Poky sort of way, and get honked at and flipped off. I had to whip back into shape real quick.
I noticed it this time, but it wasn't as bad. Maybe I was feeling more sentimental or just plain "mental". I didn't even go to Mama Inez...next time! Crab enchiladas...YUM
I so miss Pocatello. Only someone who grew up there can say that. My husband and I lived there for 6 years and he just doesn't get it. Your pictures brought back fun memories. Ice cream at Tasty Treat then an adrenaline run through the cemetery at night. I have tons of memories of your place too. Probably the one that sticks out the most is peeing my pants at my 16th surprise birthday party. I should've known better than to jump on your trampoline after friends kidnapped me, drove me around blindfolded for what seemed like eons trying to get me lost then ending up at your place. You probably have no clue that happened. Thank heavens my mom was there. She came to my rescue and no one new...well except your parents. Your dad actually fixed me up with his magical chiropractor ways so I wouldn't do that so often. (I was great at peeing and hiding it. Ha,ha). I need to go see him again. Every time I play with the kids now the rule is we go until mom wets her pants. Ahh, memories.
I totally remember roaming through the cemetary at night. That was a cool/creepy cemetary too. And I did not know that you peed your pants girl! You did hide it well. I have so many memories with your family it is crazy! Memories...
Post a Comment