Here are the rules:
Grab the nearest book.
Open it to page 56.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions.
Don’t dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the CLOSEST.
Here is what mine said:
"The heads around its sides were tearing themselves away from the billowing mass, dragging great chunks of flesh with them."
Huh. THIS is what Trent and Nathan are reading together at night for reading time? The hole page is about a dragon visciously being torn apart and trying to attack some children. Yikes. No wonder as they are reading together Trent and Nathan are like, "This is SO cool!" If Nathan starts having nightmares, we'll know why.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
"All he could do was fight it out" Not bad advice for me, actually. Sometimes that's all you've got. This came out of my favorite childhood book The Dangerous Year by Era Zistel which is about a family of skunks. I happened to unload a bad I use for presentations and this one ended up closest to me on the floor. :-)
My nearest book right now is a board book and only has about 10 pages, forget about whole sentences! I'll have to look for a lengthier book tomorrow morning. :)
OH MY! The mouse story. I seriously gasped outloud & scared my child. Holy Toledo!
Oh, nearest book: He looked east toward the rookery, his robe beating around his legs. From The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd.
"The topless clubs are a booming industry in this city and his alleged partners have criminal records." I'm laughing that this is the sentence I'd have to type out. It's the Rainmaker by John Grisham.
JOsi, that is a cool comment.
Trina...ya little hussie! (teasin) I loved it, it made me laugh.
Heidi...glad ya liked my mouse story...that is a gross one. STill makes me shiver to think about it.
ARlyn...I had to actually get up and walk to the nearest book because I had a board book next to me, but it had 6 pages.
That is one scary sentence!!! **shiver***
Post a Comment