Friday, November 21, 2008

B to the third

B B B...what does that mean? We went to Best Buy to buy Brenda her early christmas present...a laptop! Now she can use it while she is in the hospital. Anyways, I was standing there with Jonathan in the shopping cart. Jonathan kept looking over my shoulder and pointing. I figured he was playing peek a boo with someone or something. He kept doing it over and over, so I decided to take a peek at what he was so intrigued with. As I am turning my head around I am startled at what I see. It took a minute to sink in what I was actually looking at. There...on the screen TV, is a big ole picture of my butt. Yes...MY butt. The rest of my body was there also, but, my butt was the main attraction. I happened to be in the path of one of those video cameras that project it to the TV's.

Whoa. One is never fully emotionally prepared to see something like that. I was wearing my form fitting Adidas Running sweatsuit, since I am an avid runner...(ya right!) I know that I am overweight, and I have a picture in my head of what I "thought" I looked like, and boy what I saw was not how I envisioned myself looking. I have heard that the camera adds 10 pounds on, but what about the other 40 or so? How does that factor into the equation? "A picture speaks 1,000 words", Oh yes it does speak, but am I ready to listen and actually do something about it? Huh...I am eating a donut right now...does that answer your question? :) Best Buy Babe, that is what I am.

P.S. We were over eating dinner at the Morgans, when Nathan said, "My mom needs to go on a diet. Really. She needs to go on a diet." I am glad that we are all good friends. I said something like, "I know...please pass some more potatoes..." We all got a good laugh. I had to have a little chat with him about what is nice and not nice to say, he felt bad. It is total payback, because when I was a kid, I said whatever was on my mind to whoever was by me. I mortified my parents with the "honest" observations I shared so lovingly. :)

6 comments:

WaMommy said...

Aaah Kristi! Gotta love that brutal honesty from kids. It's frank and refreshing, but why do they have to be so gosh darn honest about the shape of our backsides! :)

Love the laptop for your mother in law while she is in the hospital. It is what SAVED me during the long hospital bedrest days when I was pg. with the triplets.

Mindy said...

Those surveillance cameras are NEVER EVER EVER flattering...ever! Even if you're Cindy Crawford you still look like a bloated hippo. Why they think seeing yourself like that is going to help them sell their video equipment is beyond me! I feel that way about any angle, not just my backside!

But...

I am glad you survived with your trusty sense of humor and I kind of laughed to hear about Nathan's payback only to stop myself short because I realized I've got some coming my way, big time, too!

Julia Harps said...

In the shower just the other day my daughter says, "I want to grow up and be a mommy because I want some of those (pointing to you know what) and I want to have a baby in my tummy and I want a big butt too." Thanks Denali.
I always thought I would just age gracefully. I had no idea how premature it feels.

Miss Hope said...

This is why I had the genius idea to teach my kids from an early age that F-A-T is a four letter word. Problems solved! (I wish!)

I Am Boymom said...

My kid told me the same thing...I told him that the fat tummy was his house when he lived in me and he forget to take it with him when he was born, so could he please come get it!?! He looked at me wierd and walked off, I think to try to figure out how and where he would move the house.

Anonymous said...

most of the fat in body is in colon , you can try colon cleaner to reduce your fat .