Monday, May 12, 2008

Potty Talk

Conversation in the car.
Nathan: Let's play a game. Let's see how many different names we can come up with for the word poop.
Trent & Kristi: OK
Here goes the ring around the rosie of words for Poop as we all take turns. Here are a few.
laying cable, brown banana, takin a hud, shooting missiles, Target-Pooh (in reference to the infamous HUGE poop that Nathan took while in the Target bathroom, that him and Trent refer to all the time. Guess it wrapped around the whole toilet. Quite impressive), turd, brown snake, logs, pellets, brown bomb, turdnado....and on and on.
Why do I include this on my blog? Not sure. Just wondering if anyone else out there talks of such things. Who would have ever thought that parenthood would turn me into such a potty talker, and that this is common in our family. Guess it is a good thing that I am the mother of boys, and tom boyish myself. Being from Idaho helps too I guess. Family time. Aint' it grand?

8 comments:

Arlyn said...

Yeah...I won't be sharing that story with my kids. We're working hard to keep it clean around here. You can call it Big Potty or Little Potty and toot. If it comes from an animal, we'll call it poop. We all gasp when we hear Fart. Stupid and Shut Up are banned, too. Who knows what the teen years will bring, but at least we can delay it all a bit. (Yes, I am living in a dream world. Welcome to my fantasy.)

Kristi said...

Keep it up girl! I dont' like stupid or shut up either. But 101 names for poop and fart? Totally acceptible in this house. Go figure! Who knew? What is said in the house, stays in the house. We seem perfectly proper-ish out in public. :)

WaMommy said...

I hear ya on 'what is said in the house, stays in the house' Kristi! We don't have 101 names for that (see, I can't even type it!) but lots of other crazy stuff that I would die if anyone else heard! :)

Autumn said...

What a fun bonding moment for the Kunz Fam! Can't get much closer then that! haha

This is too funny!

Mindy said...

I see a glimpse of my future with my boys...

cherlyn and family said...

Wow and my goodness.

Dan Olsen said...

I was raised with three brothers and have three boys of my own. My favorite term for diarreah would be "The Hershey Squirts."

C'est la vie.

Brooke said...

Guappo! It also comes in verb form - to guappotate (as in "I've really got to guappotate!")

Really big, nasty ones are "El Guappo."

See, I knew there was a reason why we got along so well. :-)