Thursday, May 15, 2008

Whacky Weather

Let's take a look at the month in review
Saturday: 32 degrees and rainy
Next Saturday: 76 degrees and sunny
Saturday after that: 35 degrees and this:

Yes, a huge hail/snowish storm. Huh. Wierd, wild stuff.

And now I heard that huge heat wave is rolling into town. On tuesday I pulled out my capri's, t-shirt, and flip flops (in my mind I hear "thongs" because that is what their "real" name is, but someone started making whacko undies stealing their names, leaving us with having to call them flip flops. One year for girls camp, I had to call the girls and tell them that "flip flops" weren't allowed, well...I had a brain freeze, and called every girl/parent to really drive home the point that thongs are not allowed at girls camp for safety reasons. No one ever corrected me, and I am sure they were wondering what on earth I was smokin, but hey...when I realized it later, we all got a HUGE laugh out of it!). I went out to go run some errands and it was not a "heat wave" it was cold and rainy. I already had everything packed and ready to go, and by golly, I wanted a stinkin heat wave, so I didn't go and change. Well...it turned into a HUGE rainstorm. Here I am hauling a baby around, with my summer outfit in the pouring down, freezing rain. I had the heater running full blast in the car. I was soaking wet and my feet were pretty cold. It was quite comical really. People were lookin at me like I was some sort of circus freak. I just smiled and acted like it was totally normal to be dressed for summer in the freezing cold. Then on Wednesday, after freezing all day tuesday, I dressed in sweats, and thicker socks and my furry croc's and left out to run some errands. Well, what do ya know? It ended up being in the 70's! So here I was sitting at the park sweating like crazy while everyone else is in shorts! Once again, I just acted like it is totally normal to be dressed like a snowqueen in the blazing heat. So today...I got it right. It really was hot, so I was dressed appropriately with my thongs...errr...I mean flip flops! heh heh Welcome to the Northwest.

6 comments:

Arlyn said...

Just tell them you are from Idaho and they'll stop gawking! he he

Kristi said...

Good idea. They'll be like, "Oh...that explains everything".

Jeri said...

sounds like spring in Utah - You never can trust the weather.

Jim Thomsen said...

You feel free to wear as many thongs as many places on your anatomy as you so please. :)

Jim
http://jimthomsen.wordpress.com/

Mindy said...

Flip flops, thongs...I'm with you on getting frequently mixed up with the terminology. Does that mean we're old?

I love how you can go into any situation and make it look like you totally meant it to be that way. Finesse!

Stop and smell the Daisies said...

I'm with you on the thongs thing. It always throws me off when people mention thiongs, cause I'm never sure which kind they are talking about. Yep, I must be getting old...I think the parents of the YW probably knew what you were talking about and that's why they didn't say anything.

I turn on the news just about every morning, just to check the weather!