Monday, June 16, 2008

Match made in Heaven

I asked Trent what he wanted for his Fathers Day Feast. I figure that at least once a year I can cook a full blown meal (unless you count cold cereal AND toast as a feast). I'm thinking BBQ'd steak, potatoes, salad, homemade "breadmaker" rolls, yummy dessert...the works. His reply was something like this, "I would like some fried potatoes. I dont' care what else there is as long as there is fried potatoes involved." That's my man. We are a match made in heaven I tell ya. No fancy salads with weeds and walnuts in them, no Recipes with ingredients in them that I have never heard of, just good ole fried potatoes. We had buttermilk pancakes, with strawberries and Fried Potatoes. I'd say that was the perfect meal.

7 comments:

Autumn said...

So cool! I love it! :)

I Am Boymom said...

Awesome! My step-dad used to make me cook fried potatoes every morning during the summer.

Brooke said...

Geesh. And here I slaved over a hot BBQ all day, grillin' salmon & chicken (and hot dogs for the kids - they don't get "real" food.)

Throw in some fried Twinkies and I'd be joining you for dinner! :-)

I Am Boymom said...

I left you a little comment on my dad post.

Mark and Maria said...

Hey!! It's good to hear from you! I have LOVED reading your blog. What a cute family. It's been so long since we've seen you guys but I feel like I can totally hear you talking as I read your blog. So fun to get in touch!
That's funny about your father's day meal. I asked Mark what he wanted and he said "Sausage Bread"--basically white bread dough rolled up with cooked sausage and cheese and then baked in the oven. I told him again that I would make ANYTHING and he insisted on sausage bread! Maybe next year we'll try fried potatoes! :)
Maria

Rebecca said...

Kristi - thanks for reading my blog! I really enjoyed yours as well. The boys are getting so big! And they're adorable (Trent included!).

Keep bloggin' and I'll keep readin'!

Love ya! Rebecca

Kristi said...

Maria! Trent would be in "hog" heaven if I made him something like that. I'll have to try that. that sounds delicious. So glad to hear from you...how fun!