I work with the children and youth a lot in our church, and there is one thing that is universal among them. Food...It is the universal language. I am a firm believer that whenever you have an activity of some kind, you must have treats. I am helping out with the Stake Youth Choir, so I made some OREO cookies today. These cookies are AWESOME! (thanks for the recipe Ammie, I'm still making them after all these years!) Every time I bring them to an event the kids (and adults) go crazy over them. I thought I would include the recipe here in case you all need something a little sweet. They are super easy. Enjoy!
2 boxes Devils Food Cake Mix
1 cup oil
4 eggs.
Mix all together. Roll into 1 inch balls (kids love doing this, I use my little cookie scoop). Bake 350, 8-10 minutes. (whenever I take cookies out of the oven, I bang the cookie sheet so they flatten, I don't like puffy cookies...works great!) Cool on pan for 5 minutes, and remove to wire wrack to cool. Spread cream cheese frosting in between two cookies and Wa-lah! O-R-E-O heaven. Refrigerate left overs..that is if there are any. (I like to eat mine cold)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
They are awesome! I put on 5 pounds reading the receipe =) Thanks for sharing!
MMMMM...cookies. Sounds yummy! I'll have to try some this week!
Yum...I haven't had those cookies for so long. I'll have to make them soon....it's my kind of recipe....short and sweet!!
I know Maria. It totally reminds me of the UCLA days. I got some good recipes from all the gals. I love the Peanut butter cup cookies too (can't remember who gave me that recipe, they taught us how to make them at an activity at the Institute I think). Good times! I am going to go and eat a "cold" OREO for breakfast. Yum!
Nathan & I were just talking about these cookies! You brought them once (or twice, or more) when you and Trent taught that "How to Have a Perfect Marriage Like Ours" class in Seattle. I still crave them, so thanks for the recipe!
Brooke, I think that it is common knowledge that the teachers of the class have to actually have a dysfunctional relationship. They are the ones who really need the information. I wonder if that is why we keep being asked to teach it over and over? Are Trent and I dysfunctional? heh heh. :) These oreos are tasty...I wonder what they would taste like if we dipped them in batter and pulled out your fryer....something to consider. :D
This is my "go to" recipe when I need to make something quick but tastes like I slaved over it. In fact, I've made them a couple of times for various events at Brian's office. There is one secretary in particular who is dying to get her hands on the recipe. I won't give it to her because I don't want everyone in the office to know how simple these are to make. I'm evil, I know but what can I say? It comes naturally to me. :)
Well Ammie, I feel "special" that you shared the recipe with me. :) I also love that banana bar recipe you gave to me. That one gets rave reviews everytime I make them. I did share that recipe with my ward, and now I am not so "special" anymore. Guess I should have kept it a secret. bummer. heh heh I went to a function yesterday and someone made them. They are tasty.
Post a Comment