Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Right Stuff II

In the car today (can you tell that we spend a lot of time in the car?) Nathan once again wants to listen to his Highschool Musical CD. He says to me, "Mom, can we listen to #4 without you getting all freaky?" (I think he is still traumatized from my yesterdays performance) I told him I couldn't guarantee anything and I put it in. I slowly started to move and groove, Nathan started to shake his head and look around. And then he says to me, "We should make a video of you and this song and sell it on E-bay. We could call it "Old and Freaky". Wait...no, we could call it, "Old and energetic". Yep...that's the title...Old and Energetic". I agree with the freaky part, and the energetic part...but come on...the OLD part? Sheesh...I have turned into the "old" parent. I remember thinking my parents were old at his age. Wierd thought, I am the same age as they once were. (duh..deep comment eh?) So be on the watch...coming soon to a Theater near you...."Old and Energetic". It should be a #1 box office.

9 comments:

Tracy said...

We like to tell our kids that they'd better be nice to us because we have the power to TOTALLY mortify them. I mean, their dad has no shame. I have a little bit of shame, but they don't need to know that. :) Oh, and go NKOTB.

Mark and Maria said...

Kristi, You crack me up!!! I love the New Kids on the Block story. I watched the video link with my kids. They kinda got into it and I couldn't help but start bustin' some moves either. What is it about them that makes you want to dance??? I love it! I can't wait to see your video! I will be your first fan!

Autumn said...

You're killin' me! You're too funny, Kristi! hehehehe

Rebecca said...

Just this morning I was thinking of my parents at my age and remembering that I thought they were soooooo old! Now it's my turn, and I don't feel old!

So there. We're not old. Well, you're not. . .Much love! Rebecca

Kristi said...

Rebecca,
We arent' old, however when I try to get up off the floor I start to realize that I am "older". I move like an old lady sometimes. Guess it is time to start exercising, or at least stretching sometimes.

I hear ya Tracy. I could totally mortify my kids...yet I do do that on a daily basis I think. Oh well...they'll just learn to deal with it.

New Kids do wanna make you dance don't they? Even though, when you watch it, you can see that some of them arent' the best dancers. Maybe I could be a back up dancer if they do a reunion tour or something. :)

Tolman said...

I started rockin out two days ago and my kids said, "Great, Dad's dancing the oldies again". I said, "Don't you mean dancing to the oldies?" They said "No, you're the oldies dad!" Then I started my Opera Man routine in front of their teenage friends!! That will teach them!

Kristi said...

Tolman...that is awesome! I think the kids act like they get embarrassed, but secretly they like it. At least that is what I keep telling myself. Helps me sleep better at night.

Arlyn said...

Old ENOUGH and cool enough to be a mom! That's what you are, my friend!

Kim said...

Too funny Kristi. You know what stinks? If you're old, so am I. Eeks. Hey- try to choke this one down... I have two kids in High School. Now I feally feel old.
I have been checkin you're blog, it's so nice having this glimpse into your life. I miss you!