Saturday, June 21, 2008

Shattered Update

I have an update on my previous post "Shattered". We went over to our neighbors house to ask them if they had been shooting their BB gun last week. LeRoy was so cute, and said that he was. The squirrels are eating their strawberries so he was shooting at one that had a strawberry in it's paws, which if missed, it would go through the fence and shatter our window. I told him it hit our back slider door and shattered it. He was awesome. He said, "I'll take responsibility for it, old Henry next door doesn't get outside anymore, and Merna next door doesn't own a BB gun, so it had to be me". He told me how he waited for the squirrel to crawl down the fence so he wouldn't shoot our kitchen window out. What are the odds that a BB could get through the slats in the fence? His wife came out and we told her what had happened. She said, "I told you that you were going to shoot their kitchen window out" He said something like, "It wasn't their kitchen window, it was their sliding- glass -door". I loved that exchange. Like it really matters which window it is....but hey..I'm sure I'll say the same things when I get older. They are so cute. Trent said later that night, "Was LeRoy standing there inviting us into his home in his boxer shorts?". I was like...um..yeah..I noticed that right off. I wish I could be so comfortible with my body. Not gonna happen in this life.

Phew...glad that we got that figured out. We'll see what happens when I take the estimate over. Yikes! $375 bucks to replace the glass. Thankful that we don't have to cough up $375 bucks..that is almost 3 tanks of gas for our beast.

9 comments:

Arlyn said...

I'm glad he was so good about it! I hope it all wraps up nicely! Too bad you won't have the expensive stuff anymore! ;)

Kristi said...

I know...Nathan will miss our "cool" glass. It does make neat designs on the floor when the sun shines through. Jonathan will crawl up to it and try to grab at the floor. We all laugh.

cherlyn and family said...

hey, I have made my blog private now and so you would please send me your e-mail address to me at cherlyn.t@excite.com. I hope you are doing well.

Brooke said...

Your neighbors are named LeRoy, old Henry, & Merna? Where do you guys live - a Retirement Home? I think it's great LeRoy answered the door in his boxers. I just hope he had his teeth in. :-)

Kristi said...

I think I would dig the vibe of a retirement community. early to bed, cards during the day, early dinner...water aerobics...I would fit in nicely with that sort of place. Our back yard neighbors are "older", but on this side of the town, they are much more "interesting". Ya know, the kind that make gargoyle type figurines, and have the wicken parties and stuff like that. I tell Nathan to not even venture into their yards. Never a dull moment around here.

Corinne said...

Thanks so much for your post. It's nice to know that there are others "within the gospel" that have had the same experience. I'll gladly share my blankie with you anytime. FYI - I have a sister who is also 35, named Kristi Kunz. I was a little confused as to why my sister was referring to "her family". :-) Small world!

I Am Boymom said...

Oh Yay!!! Isn't it nice when people do the right thing? And I concur with Brooke, your neighborhood sounds hilarious!

Rebecca said...

Pretty funny, and glad you had the mystery solved. The guy reminds me of the Bill Murray character in Caddyshack hunting the gopher. . ."I'm alright. . ."

ali cross said...

Phew! It worked out. Glad for that!

Loved the boxer shorts thing. Gotta love it.