Happy 4th Of July! We had a great day. Our church had a breakfast at 8:30. It was good. Things taste better when they are free for some reason. Later, we went over to our friends, the Morgans for the traditional 4th of July Feast. We had hamburgers, hot dogs, watermelon, 7 layer dip (it officially only had 6 layers, I couldn't think of anything else to add to make it 7?), German potato salad, veggies, homemade chocolate ice cream and good ole Henry Weinhard's root beer. The kids played, and played, while we ate and ate, until the mosquito's came out with a vengeance. Mosquito's really like me...not sure if it is because my diet is so horrible that they can feast upon me or what...even with repellent on. I am so tasty I guess. :D
Anyways...the Morgans neighborhood goes all out with the fireworks. There are 4 families who seriously probably must have spent 500 bucks each? It was spectacular. And it was all free to me. Free makes it even more enjoyable. Each time they would light off a huge firework, like the kind that go up in the sky and spread out, in my brain I kept seeing myself lighting a 100 bill. Glad I could just sit and enjoy.
All in all it was a great day.

5 comments:
my 7 layers are usually refried beans, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, grated cheese, tomatoes, and olives. ('cept I only put olives on 1/2 since I don't care for them.) I've also seem people use green onions.
sounds like you had a yummy day!
Salsa! That was the missing ingredient. Thanks! Next time I will have a true 7 layer dip.
I was enjoying reading all the yummy foods and then I got to Henry's root beer. I have no idea who Henry is, but all of a sudden it seemed like gourmet and I really want some! My mouth is watering. :S
You have never had Henry Weinhard root beer? Girl...it is gourmet! We'll add that to the list of delectible items to have on your next trip up here.
Hang the salsa, just add a second kind of cheese! Wouldn't that count? Hee hee...
I laughed out loud at the visual of you watching fireworks and thinking about lighting $100 bill every time a big one went off! Nice! I do agree that some things in life are more enjoyable when they are free.
Glad you had a great time celebrating!
Post a Comment