Thursday, May 1, 2008

Secret Ingredient

Went to a little girls night out function at a local antique shop. An author was there selling her books. It was so nice to leave the kids and get out. My mom flew in today to stay for a week. There were these brownies there that were "ta die fowr". After I downed 2, or 3....ok...so maybe I had four of them. They were cut really small. I asked the owner how she made these little delectible morsels. She then told me that it was just a Duncan Hines Brownie mix, and instead of using water, she used Espresso. I stopped mid-bite. Did you say Espresso? Oh boy. You all know that I don't drink coffee, try to avoid caffeine, and that I am still nursing my baby. This could be a nightmare. I guess we'll know tomorrow if Jonathan turns into a screaming/fussy beast. Could be interesting. I'll keep you posted.

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Caffeinating a Kunz? Didn't they make that a federal offense? Jonathan is going to be like Jack-Jack at the end of The Incredibles.

Kristi said...

Oh boy...I know. Hopefully, it'll just sail right through him without altering his personality at all. Then I'd know. Cherry Pepsi here I come. heh heh.

Jim Thomsen said...

As my mom would say: "I smoked two packs a day and had two glasses a wine a day the whole time I was pregnant with you, and you turned out fine. So what are these younger women whining about? Just shut up and have whatever you want!"

Or I could just tell my mom to shut up.

Jim Thomsen
http://jimthomsen.wordpress.com/

Arlyn said...

Doesn't that make you wonder what else you could substitute the water with? Something "legal" and yummy? Just don't try the vinegar.

Kristi said...

I can eat whatever I want, but when you are nursing, you learn to weigh the consequences. For example...is my child going to be up screaming all night if I eat that? Not worth it. Actually had to give up chocolate with Nathan for almost 4 months! He SCREAMED, for a couple hours everytime I would eat chocolate. Now that is sacrifice. Our mothers ate whatever, but who's to say we turned out OK? :)

cherlyn and family said...

that is really funny. I hope you are doing well.

Ammie said...

Were you up all night?